Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Introduce Yourself. If you are new, you must post in here before posting anywhere else.
Vlet Hansen
Verd

Re: Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 08 Aug 2020 21:49

Happy accidents are the best kinds of accidents. Welcome aboard!
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Mirneto
Verd

Unread post by Mirneto » 06 Sep 2020 15:18

Not really new but made this account so i can go back to the forum, and look through some of the old stuff, for inspiration
Mando'a Lessons is my yt channel, im not the discord all the time too

Cin Vhetin
Verd

Unread post by Cin Vhetin » 07 Sep 2020 16:05

Olarom, Mirneto! Jate, haa'taylir gar.
Tra'cyar mav!

AurekFonts
Verd

Unread post by AurekFonts » 15 Sep 2020 19:28

Greetings!

I make and collect Star Wars fonts. Most recently I made a font for The Clone Wars version of Mandalorian, and I have come here to share it with you. Any idea what thread I should put it in?

Thanks,
AurekFonts

Soraya
Verd

Unread post by Soraya » 23 Sep 2020 07:11

Su'cuy! I'm Soraya, and while sadly this forum doesn't seem to have much activity these days, I figured joining anyway couldn't hurt. I've been a fan of SW for a few years now, and only recently (read: this week) discovered the depth of the Mandalorian culture and language. I admit I'm a bit obsessed now, as I was on the road to majoring in linguistics prior to the CV-19 crisis, and I love exploring new cultures, AND have been bored out of my mind since covid, soo... yeah I was kind of doomed from the start. I'm also poking around the Resol'nare, as it seems to be a very good code to live by, and slowly trying to implement it into my life. Who knows, if it works for me, I just may become a Mando'ad myself. But anyways I'm getting ahead of myself -- just wanted to say hello to anybody still around, and maybe snoop around and dust off a couple of the topics. Ret'!
Last edited by Soraya on 16 May 2021 03:13, edited 1 time in total.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 24 Sep 2020 06:01

I'm still here, if nothing else. Busy all the time, but lurking...
Olarom!

Akaan Aaray
Verd

Unread post by Akaan Aaray » 08 Nov 2020 10:18

Hi all I'm Akaan Aaray / Jak nice to meet you all! I've been on the oya'baat and decided to join the forum! Been a LOOOONG time since I've used a forum!

Cin Vhetin
Verd

Unread post by Cin Vhetin » 08 Nov 2020 13:42

Olarom, Akaan! Most commonly, people come from here to the Oyu'baat, so it's nice to see someone made it the other way around!
Tra'cyar mav!

X'Shyan Zen
Verd

Unread post by X'Shyan Zen » 17 Nov 2020 17:24

Su cuy!
I'm X'Shyan. I'm a dalyc, and I'm in my early/mid teens. I have been learning Mando'a for almost 2 years, and I use if often (mostly in writing), my main reason to learn it was to be able to say things behind my family's back because I'm a 'disapproved family member' (they never say it, but it's a vibe type of thing), but I soon took a real liking to it and began to learn more.
I'm a writer and often use Mando'a for my mandalorian characters. I wish to make more burc'ya (friends), and continue to learn and grow in the mandalorian world!
(I'm completely obsessed with Mandalorians!) Mainly three- Jango Fett Din Djarn, and Boba Fett. Even though Boba isn't classified as a REAL Mandalorian, I still love him!
Well I hope I get to know more of you all and Mando'a!
Ret'urcye mhi!

Ibic haar yust!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 18 Nov 2020 05:45

Olarom! Don't worry, things will get better, and you'll like it here (even if it's quiet)

Illia Prudii
Verd

Unread post by Illia Prudii » 23 Nov 2020 14:47

Su'cuy ner vode!
I am Ilya, I have been studying mando'a not so long ago, but from early childhood I was greatly impressed by the Jedi and Mandalorians. Basically I got to know them through the SWKOTOR series of games. The impression of both has remained with me to this day, and therefore I plan to build life on the principles of Resol'nare (that is, in fact, to be a Mandalorian) and, as I understood, the not very popular interpretation of the Jedi code. Therefore, I began to study this language, simultaneously studying the culture of the people, and while I was doing this, I came across this forum. I honestly didn’t think that there are people like me, and I’m very glad that I can be with you.
And I beg your pardon for my English grammar, this is not my native language, since I am from Russia and I have to use google translator. Thank you for understanding

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 25 Nov 2020 20:14

olarom!

Goran Beroya
Verd

Unread post by Goran Beroya » 03 Dec 2020 18:16

Su’cuy! In these parts, you may call me Goran Beroya.:) More than a fan of Mandalorians per se, I’m more of a avid language nerd, and since Mando’a is the only well-developped conlang in Star Wars, I absolutely *must* try and learn it! I love how very active this community is, and I find the work of people coming up with neologisms particularly interesting.

Mirjahaal Choruk
Verd

Unread post by Mirjahaal Choruk » 07 Dec 2020 10:26

Su'cuy Mando'ade

I'm am excited to recently find this forum and meet you all. I love studying history and culture so I look forward to learning and throwing out ideas with you.

Mir

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 07 Dec 2020 21:03

Olarom, an!

Kal Cabur
Verd

Unread post by Kal Cabur » 11 Dec 2020 21:41

Su cuy'gar vode!

Ni guuro meg gar gana gotal olar.

My first go at Mando'a, sorry if it's crude!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 12 Dec 2020 19:32

Everyone starts somewhere, don't worry about things being rocky

L.Bjork
Verd

Unread post by L.Bjork » 19 Dec 2020 00:28

Su'cuy!

Nice to meet you all. I'm just your regular language addict. I only realized recently (after starting the Mandalorian) that there was a whole culture and language in the Star Wars universe that I never looked into. Language and fandom... the best combination. Can't wait to learn more!

-Lavi

Gatra Pel
Verd

Unread post by Gatra Pel » 01 Jan 2021 01:40

Su'cuy! I'm Gahtra and I'm very very happy to stumble across this INCREDIBLE site.
I incorporate the resol'nare into a lot of my life (30's stay at home mom), so me and my ad'ika have been hitting Mando'a hard during quarantine. Everyone here seems so knowledgeable and nice <3 Expect me to be hanging around here often, don't be shy.
I like to translate songs/sing in Mando'a, and hope to record some things eventually...It's hard to learn pronunciation in any new language and of course we don't have much audio floating around. We need teaching songs and nursery rhymes!
So as a get to know you ask I guess, how do you guys like to say 'this is the way?' I tend to use 'ib'cuyi haar yust'.