Weekly Mando'a Night

Planning parties, meetups, get-togethers, roleplays, or study-buddies happens here.
screenaholic
Verd

Re: Weekly Mando'a Night

Unread post by screenaholic » 23 Jan 2014 23:29

So I'm moving on Tuesday, and will be spending the weekend packing and getting things in order. I'm not gonna be able to organize this week, but I encourage the rest of you to do so and still meet up.

Raeth
Verd

Unread post by Raeth » 23 Jan 2014 23:31

screenaholic wrote:So I'm moving on Tuesday, and will be spending the weekend packing and getting things in order. I'm not gonna be able to organize this week, but I encourage the rest of you to do so and still meet up.
We'll do it in your honor, vod. And, good luck with your ba'slan shev'la! ;)
Part father, part artist, part perpetual student, part gamer, part Japan-o-phile, part contrarian, part instigator, part anthropologist, part blacksmith, part costumer, part food lover, part writer, part adventurer, part eccentric...
AN MANDO'AD!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 24 Jan 2014 03:52

I might be able to make it, so I'll do what I can to carry on in your stead.
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 01 Feb 2014 18:19

Last weekend was very quiet in the halls of the Aliit Solyc IRC room. I'll be keeping a light on there tomorrow at the usual time in case anyone is interested.

I apologize for my general absence from the forums; my job got really busy, and I'm still trying to make some progress on Mando'a-related projects as well. Despite how busy I've been, I'll make sure to be around for Mando'a night.

I also ran into a Mando in the #mando'a IRC room on Freenode by the name of HunterJ. He created the room five years ago and I'm the first guy he's seen join the room since its inception. :/
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 01 Feb 2014 22:30

I'll try to make it, but work has me pretty burned out right now.

Raeth
Verd

Unread post by Raeth » 02 Feb 2014 00:39

I made it last week, but was late to show up. Sorry about that. Along with Vlet, I've been stretched thin between work and family lately. But, I am Mando'ad - I am resolved. So, I just have to re-double efforts. I will make all efforts to be more timely tomorrow night.

In other news, I've started teaching Mando'a to a couple people at work. Oya!
Part father, part artist, part perpetual student, part gamer, part Japan-o-phile, part contrarian, part instigator, part anthropologist, part blacksmith, part costumer, part food lover, part writer, part adventurer, part eccentric...
AN MANDO'AD!

screenaholic
Verd

Unread post by screenaholic » 09 Feb 2014 01:39

I'm back baby! Took a fucking week and a half to get internet in my new place because of inclement weather, but I'm back online. When do you guys want to do the next Mando'a Night?

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 09 Feb 2014 01:46

I'm down for the usual time I think. I'll be wrapping up errands by then, so at the very least I'll be on mobile.

By the way, welcome back. :)

screenaholic
Verd

Unread post by screenaholic » 09 Feb 2014 06:28

So Sunday 8:00PM EST? Good for me.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 09 Feb 2014 15:38

I should be able to make that.

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 21 Feb 2014 18:19

Anyone still up for the usual date/time? I've been stupid busy (worked at the office all through last weekend), but this weekend should provide me more free time.

I've also been considering setting up a more permanent presence for us, as opposed to piggybacking on b'Aliit Solyc IRC channel. Freenode #mando'a is "owned" by a guy named HunterJ, but he said he's be willing to give us some admin rights. Alternatively, I have registered Freenode #mando`a and Freenode #mandoa if we would prefer a space which is wholly our own. I'll be having my bot hang out on all of them, as well as Aliit Solyc once I get it to a stable point.

The advantage to having admin rights is being able to voice/devoice (un/mute) users, kick/ban spammers, etc.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 22 Feb 2014 07:19

I apparently have duty, DESPITE BEING TAD, so I might not make it.

screenaholic
Verd

Unread post by screenaholic » 24 Feb 2014 02:11

Yeah, Aliit Sol'yc has died, we should set up our own IRC.

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 24 Feb 2014 02:13

Ok, should we borrow HunterJ's channel as he offered, or should we use one of the other two I reserved?

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 25 Feb 2014 03:15

well, we can use his for the moment, I suppose

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 25 Feb 2014 03:59

In any case, the links to all three are in my above post. Or just hit up Freenode in an IRC client and join #mando'a. I'll be trying to maintain a regular presence there, and someday in the next few weeks I hope to have my bot, Ord'ika up and running and hanging out there for quick translation requests.

Raeth
Verd

Unread post by Raeth » 26 Feb 2014 07:52

Adi'karta wrote:In any case, the links to all three are in my above post. Or just hit up Freenode in an IRC client and join #mando'a. I'll be trying to maintain a regular presence there, and someday in the next few weeks I hope to have my bot, Ord'ika up and running and hanging out there for quick translation requests.
This is just crazy Reath thinking out loud, so take it with a grain of salt...

But, I wonder what options are out there for a dedicated text/voice server/software that would could use for Mando'a.org, as in, a space completely our own.

That said, when time allows, I am always down for meeting ner vode anywhere.
AN MANDO'AD!

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 26 Feb 2014 15:42

I would very much like to have our own dedicated chat, but that requires resources to run -- especially for voice or video. For voice and video, I'd say Skype/Ventrilo/TeamSpeak/Hangouts/TinyChat are our best options at the moment. I could make a live chat easily enough using Node, but again, it would require resources to run it (I'll be getting a new server soon, but still). The allure of something like IRC is that it already works across multiple platforms and devices, and it's super low-bandwidth, and has admin controls. Whatever solution we choose should have apps for multiple platforms and/or run in the browser, and it should have text chat as a backup for the voice/video in case some of us don't have the bandwidth for anything more than text.

screenaholic
Verd

Unread post by screenaholic » 09 Mar 2014 18:34

We've been slacking guys! Anyone up for the usual time tonight? We can use the new channel you've procured.

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 09 Mar 2014 18:50

Yeah I'll be around. Which channel? On Freenode we have #mandoa or #mando`a, and that other mando, HunterJ will give us admin rights to #mando'a. I suppose we could also make a "mandoa.org" channel specifically for this site so we're not getting too generic. That's the great thing about IRC -- it's super-flexible.

Edit:

I reserved #mandoa.org. It makes more sense, being less-generic, so we can keep from stealing the high-level names. We might be the only dedicated Mando'a group right now, but that may not always be the case, so it's only fair to have our own distinct channel. At some point I'll be figuring out how to merge this IRC functionality into the forum or the translator site so it's always available.