Clan... .org?

Discuss concepts of Mandalorian culture and lifestyle here.

Re: Clan... .org?

Unread postby Ner Jate'kara » 11 Oct 2017 05:39

I had never actually looked into the names, probably should have done that before assuming they were just names
Shi ner jate'kara
Shi ner jate'kara
Just my luck
Ner Jate'kara
Verd

Unread postby Aondeug » 11 Oct 2017 19:06

To be fair a few of them like Fett are afterthoughts. Namely Fett was just a cool sounding space name and then we added a meaning to it.
Aondeug
Verd

Unread postby Aarlaya » 14 Oct 2017 17:52

I, for one, love a good cool sounding space name.
may my mind stroll about hungry and fearless and thirsty and supple~ e e cummings
Aarlaya
Verd

Unread postby Ner Jate'kara » 21 Oct 2017 03:28

I for one personally like Clan Org, and we could add a meaning to the word Org so we have a name that has meaning, but the reason I like it so much is because the name would instantly be recognizable and identified to mandoa.org and the forum. The meaning could be something along the lines of literary meeting place, not sure how the etymology would fit for that but it could mean anything. But i am in favor of Aliit Org, again because it is instantly recognized as us. Maybe Clan Org could even become a canon clan that regulates the language for Mandalore. Not very likely, but possible, and it would definatly give this site more members. I do also like the names that mean language or wordsmith. What are your oppinions about what Org could mean?
Shi ner jate'kara
Shi ner jate'kara
Just my luck
Ner Jate'kara
Verd

Unread postby Ner Jate'kara » 21 Oct 2017 03:47

Also the circle that surrounds the letters should really be in mando'a not just the script, like it should say something along the lines of kar'tayl bal paklalat but in the script.
Shi ner jate'kara
Shi ner jate'kara
Just my luck
Ner Jate'kara
Verd

Previous

Return to Mandalorian Culture