Star Wars day!

For everything not directly related to learning Mando'a.
Linebeck
Verd

Star Wars day!

Unread post by Linebeck » 03 May 2017 14:28

Is everyone ready for May 4th?! I'm speaking as much Mando'a as I can all day long in celebration. What will you guys be doing?
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Family is more than bloodline

Aarlaya
Verd

Re: Star Wars day!

Unread post by Aarlaya » 03 May 2017 15:44

Finals. I will be doing finals. Idk maybe wear a Star Wars shirt or something. I had planned to binge Star Trek to celebrate the end of the semester, but now it just feels wrong. :P
may my mind stroll about hungry and fearless and thirsty and supple~ e e cummings

Linebeck
Verd

Unread post by Linebeck » 03 May 2017 17:17

Bummer. Good luck on the finals.
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Family is more than bloodline

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 03 May 2017 18:03

cramming for finals as well, though I might have a chance to watch some sw. At least I can fit Mando'a in whenever I want...
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Aarlaya
Verd

Unread post by Aarlaya » 04 May 2017 02:05

Linebeck wrote:Bummer. Good luck on the finals.
Thanks! One to go, and I'm working on it now (a paper). I aced my Abnormal Psychology final though :congrats: I'm excited about that.
Vlet Hansen wrote:cramming for finals as well, though I might have a chance to watch some sw. At least I can fit Mando'a in whenever I want...
Oya, vod. We're nearly there.
may my mind stroll about hungry and fearless and thirsty and supple~ e e cummings

Aondeug
Verd

Unread post by Aondeug » 04 May 2017 02:37

I'm honestly not sure what I'll do on Star Wars Day. I wanted to watch through the movies maybe, but turns out my brother has our copies of the films so that's out of the picture. I'll need to keep practicing on my Mando'a that day regardless. Maybe I'll go through and translate more of my prayers I guess? Possibly look at my poems too. A part of me is tempted to scream oya manda on the campus, but I doubt I will do that.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 04 May 2017 05:35

Aarlaya wrote:Abnormal Psychology
It said abbey-something on it...

I'm trying to bash MATLAB into shape, the graphing is a little pants-on-head backwards.
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 04 May 2017 06:02

Happy Star Wars day!
It's almost over in my timezone. I wore my full Jedi gear on campus, and wrote 'Jate Ka'ra Akaan tuur' on every unattended whiteboard I found.
Also convinced the leader of the Bible study I go to to let me do a 'comparative religions' session - comparing the Resol'nare and the Jedi Code to Christian doctrines.
Also made uj-flavored R2-D2 shaped cookies. Because the light side is allowed cookies too.
May 4th is like the biggest holiday on my calendar.
Good luck with your finals, Aarlaya & Vlet!
Duumir cuy haat acyk gar kar'ta bal haa Dral. An ashi dar'cuy. - Surenit Kli'qiy

Aondeug
Verd

Unread post by Aondeug » 04 May 2017 18:46

Oh? Comparing Resol'nare and Jedi Code with Christian doctrine? That sounds interesting. I've compared them in contrast with Gaelic polytheism and with Buddhism before. Resol'nare not really meshing well at with Buddhism, while the Jedi Code meshes far better. Whereas Gaelpol doesn't really interact well with the Jedi Code even remotely, but it really meshes well with Resol'nare. There are some interesting points where the largely incompatible mindsets find potential commonality though.

Aarlaya
Verd

Unread post by Aarlaya » 04 May 2017 20:03

Vlet Hansen wrote: I'm trying to bash MATLAB into shape, the graphing is a little pants-on-head backwards.
Ew. I've never used that, but I've watched people use it. It looks absurd.
Belandrie Meave wrote: Also convinced the leader of the Bible study I go to to let me do a 'comparative religions' session - comparing the Resol'nare and the Jedi Code to Christian doctrines.

Good luck with your finals, Aarlaya & Vlet!
Oh boy, is there a theological discussion waiting to happen right there...

Thanks!