Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Introduce Yourself. If you are new, you must post in here before posting anywhere else.
Aarlaya
Verd

Re: Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourse

Unread post by Aarlaya » 19 Jan 2017 23:38

Howdy.
My username is Aarlaya (are-lay-uh), but you can call me Ari. I've been out of the greater Mando'ade community for about five years now, but recently I've been digging through old files and ideas and I've developed a love of Polynesian culture; lately I've been exploring the connections between Mandalorian culture and language with that of the Maori and Polynesia at large. I'm very eager to work out these ideas with ya'll and expand the language and cultural thoughts, and I hope I'll be able to make valuable contributions!
For information on me personally, I have filled out my profile a little.
Thanks!

Tal’jair Rusk
Verd

Unread post by Tal’jair Rusk » 22 Jan 2017 20:08

Olarom, Ari'ka))
Tal'jair Rusk
Te tuur tal jai o'r dha ca...

Ge'tal Buy'ce
Verd

Unread post by Ge'tal Buy'ce » 13 Feb 2017 10:34

Su'cuy, anade.

I've been dabbling with Mando'a for a few years, and I've used your dictionary quite a few times, but I never realized there was a larger community until now. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn from you guys.

Ori'vor'e to Belandrie Meave for pointing me in this direction.

GJ504b
Verd

Unread post by GJ504b » 17 Feb 2017 12:39

Su'cuy adike ! i've been looking into learning mando'a for the past few weeks or so. It's been pretty slow going on my own... Actually i think it's been months since i first decided to get into it, lol. Very slow going.

i think i first found these forums through google while looking for links to the dictionary/grammar archives some while ago. i've been reading through and there's a lot of good & interesting discussion around here. Hopefully i can bring something good myself :]

KozaTeroch
Verd

Unread post by KozaTeroch » 20 Feb 2017 03:52

Su'cuy! Been returning to learning Mando'a, something I only dabbled in some years ago, and remembered this site existed. Besides looking to read and speak, I'm looking to see about a hand written type based on the font.

Tal’jair Rusk
Verd

Unread post by Tal’jair Rusk » 20 Feb 2017 09:36

Not you alone, Koza. Been trying to create one for quite some time.
Tal'jair Rusk

Mittramikad
Verd

Unread post by Mittramikad » 02 Mar 2017 12:56

Su'cuy, I've just started to learn Mando'a after reading Hard Contact for the first time. I'm excited to find a community to learn from/with!

Ruus
Verd

Unread post by Ruus » 05 Mar 2017 04:18

Olarom!
Welcome!

Linebeck
Verd

Unread post by Linebeck » 08 Mar 2017 03:15

Finally! It took me forever to figure out that question. But on day two, I just started entering any name I could think of that was related to Mando'a, and BAM! Karen Traviss. Honestly, I almost broke down in tears. Anyway, I'm Logo, and my obsession with Mando'a started when I was sitting by my dieing step father, and on my way out I received care and hugs from my two step brothers, my step sister's husband, my step brother's fiancé, my step aunt, and her husband. I then realized the meaning of "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
It is an honor to be here with you guys. Oh yea, Su'cuy!

Linebeck
Verd

Unread post by Linebeck » 08 Mar 2017 05:41

Oh yeah, I'll probably break everything.
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Family is more than bloodline

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 08 Mar 2017 05:41

Go for it, it's called "error checking" :p
Shi adate kotep luubid...

jc2
Verd

Unread post by jc2 » 18 Mar 2017 01:22

Hello!

I'm a huge fan of Mandalorians. MORE IMPORTANTLY: Does anybody wanna do some Mandalorian Voice acting?

I can't' speak Mandalorian, even worse, my voice isn't very intimidating. I'm looking to introduce myself on the forum and find for some voice actors.
Nothing professional, just some people who want to speak Mandalorian for a Star Wars:Knights of the Old Repulic mod (Not to be confused with swtor). If you are interested, comment below!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 19 Mar 2017 02:54

Sounds fun, but I dunno if I'd be able to do anything useful, what with this potato mic, the noisy environment, and my schedule...
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Vazquar Tra'tabuur
Verd

Unread post by Vazquar Tra'tabuur » 20 Mar 2017 02:36

It does sound intriguing. I have similar issues to what vlet just described, but I may be able to manage some help
Nynir ni daab, ni n'akaanir; Jurkadir ner vode, bal kyr'am nu'ven'cabuor gar teh ni a'den.

Strike me down, and I'll not fight back; Threaten my brothers, and even death will not protect you from my wrath.

jc2
Verd

Unread post by jc2 » 21 Mar 2017 17:55

BlackSwordKirito wrote:It does sound intriguing. I have similar issues to what vlet just described, but I may be able to manage some help
That's alright. If you are willing, there are several small parts roughly 16 lines each, that you could do. I'm really not looking for perfection or anything close to that, just want a few people willing to do something fun.

Tal’jair Rusk
Verd

Unread post by Tal’jair Rusk » 23 Mar 2017 07:11

Maybe share them (the 16 lines) so we could review the language first? Then we'll think of how to help
Tal'jair Rusk

Kadish Vel
Verd

Unread post by Kadish Vel » 23 Mar 2017 18:21

Su'cuy everybody. I've been floating around the forum for about 4-5 months now, reading up. I Love the mandalorian culture and I found there is a lot of similarity to what I already lived by, sans the mando'a. I look forward to learning mando'a in the future.

Ruus
Verd

Unread post by Ruus » 23 Mar 2017 21:43

Welcome! Good to have you.

Peakkuum_Kurr
Verd

Unread post by Peakkuum_Kurr » 08 Apr 2017 18:27

Hi, I'm Peakkuum_Kurr. I was always a fan of Boba and Jango Fett. I really liked their armor and did research on and admire the Mandalorian culture especially after reading the Commando Novels. I wanted to learn a fictional language and started out in Quenya but didn't enjoy it due to the grammar rules and over all complexity. After looking on here and seeing that the grammar is rooted from Karen that this site is reliable. I look forward to becoming a more fluent speaker/ writer so I finally decided to join.

DiscWarrior
Verd

Unread post by DiscWarrior » 17 Apr 2017 18:10

Su'cuy ner vode!

I have been a long time user of the online dictionary (mostly while on the go, and not at home), but just recently (in the last couple of days) ventured over here to the forum side. I like what I see on the effort to expand our beloved Mando'a. I hope to utilize this newfound resource to continue to grow my knowledge and use of Mando'a.

DiscWarrior