The Mando'a Bible Translation Project

Member-contributed translations of various texts into Mando'a
KensokuT10
Verd

Re: The Mando'a Bible Translation Project

Unread post by KensokuT10 » 20 Jan 2015 19:36

Ner ca'nara ori yaihi'l. Nuliser miit'gaanar ner hokaanir.
Close. "Hokaanir" is a verb, so the noun form would be "hokaan" and "nuliser" should be "nu liser"

Other than that, no objections! Start wherever you like, do what you can.

Naak ti gar, vode.
"Gar tal'din ni jaonyc, gar sa buir ori'wadas'la."

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 28 May 2016 10:26

So I don't know if this is still even going, but I literally made an account just for this project...
I was going to start on the gospel of Luke (because it's my favorite and it seems the logical choice for first gospel to be translated into a Star Wars language), and thought I should check nobody else had already claimed it. (Phonetic transliteration of all the begats in chapter 3 will be fun, particularly as there doesn't seem to be a word for 'born'!)
I'm working from the 1984 NIV, and Luke starts like this:
1) Birov jage ru'kebbur bah miit'gaanar ruyot be kebise meg ru'hiibir papurgaat acyk mhi teh ruug'la gehat'ik 2) shi as ibice kebise ru'rejorhaa'ir at mhi de jage meg maan, teh maan ca'nara, ru'borarir bal ja'halir haar Miit. 3) Jorcu be ibic, jorcu ni ru'ja'halir an ibice kebise teh maan ca'nara, ni ru'mirdir jate par ni at balyc miit'gaanar ani ruyot par gar, ori'jate Theovhilas, par ibic gar ven'kar'taylir troch ibice kebise meg gar ru'hibirar teh ashise.
Literally: 1) Many men have tried to write history of things that took fruit between us from old stories 2) just as these things were told to us by men who first, from original time, worked and witnessed ('watched over') the Word. 3) Because of this, because I have witnessed all these things from the original time, I thought good for me to also write total history for you, excellent Theophilus, for that you will know verily these things which you learned from others.
Not sure if 'ibice' for 'these' is entirely kosher - anybody? (My reasoning being that it is the plural of 'this')
Duumir cuy haat acyk gar kar'ta bal haa Dral. An ashi dar'cuy. - Surenit Kli'qiy

KensokuT10
Verd

Unread post by KensokuT10 » 28 May 2016 16:28

Su'cuy~!
The project is open to all comers as long as the site is active, I'm just on hiatus while I sort out graduation stuff.

Luke is as good a place to start as any, and I like how you think. ;)

Off the top of my head your translation looks alright, and I'm not sure about "ibice" but it could be that "ibic" allows an implicit plural. Will have to check.
Also, "ru'hiibir papurgaat" is kinda literal for "taking fruit" so I would recommend "meg ru'drashaa cuyir acyk mhi" ("which grew to be between us")

Naak ti gar, vod!

Ken
"Gar tal'din ni jaonyc, gar sa buir ori'wadas'la."

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 01 Jun 2016 22:23

Cool, thanks, I've altered that. Kind of hard to tell what's literal and what's not - guess it's the same with any language.
Verses 5-9... this is slow because I've got a whole ori'bines of assignments just now.
I've had to resort to using Tal'jair's expanded dictionary as well. (Which reminds me, I think I know this world's equivalent of uj'alayi.)

5. O’r tuure be Herod al’verde jaon Juda, ru’oyacyir urman’ja’hailur, kaysh gai Sekariya, o’r urman’ja’hailuryc ki’aliit; kaysh riduur Elisabeth rucuyir balyc be aliit Aron. 6. Bintar adate ru’cuy mandokarla bal jate o’r Te’Solus sur’haaise, serimyc kedinir Kaysh ke’gyce. 7. Al’adate ru’ganar nu ade, jorcu Elisabeth dar’gotenyc, bal adate ru’cuy bintar ruug’la. 8. Solus tuur, tuu be’Sekariyah ki’aliit ru’cuy bat briik par borar, bal kaysh ru’borarir sa urman’ja’hailur chur Te’Solus 9. Kaysh ru’gaanla de jate’bana, de ke’gyce be urman’ja’hailure, bah or’kemir be’Te’Solus karyai bal hettir uja hettipurg
Literally:
5. In days of Herod commander over Judea, lived a priest, his name Zechariah, of the small priestly clan of Abijah; his wife Elizabeth was also of tribe Aaron. 6. Both them were upright and good in God’s eyes, correctly obeying His commands. 7. But they had no children, because Elizabeth was no longer fertile (Tal’jair’s word), and they were both old. 8. One day, when Zechariah’s small clan was on line for work, and he worked as a priest under God 9. He was chosen by good happening, by rules of priests, to walk in (to) God’s house and burn sweet spices (Tal’jair’s word)
Duumir cuy haat acyk gar kar'ta bal haa Dral. An ashi dar'cuy. - Surenit Kli'qiy

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 02 Jun 2016 10:57

This part was fun; it's thick with religious terminology. Resorted to Tal'jair as necessary.
My turn to make up some words: uja hettipurg is unwieldy, so I've contracted it to 'ujettipurg' which it actually kind of sounds like already (at least in my Coruscant accent). Dayn yam for outside ditto, so da'yam it is. I made up a word to connote thanks and petition, the two basic complementary aspects of prayer, for 'pray'. Angels were great. My pastor would have a fit, because what I'm using comes across as 'word-carrier (messenger) of the stars'. But close, tion'lek? Altar was hard and weird - if anyone can contract it, go right ahead.

10. Tuu ca’nara ru’olaror at hettir uj’hettipurg, an ja’hailyc de ali’nar bah Te’Solus ru’motir da’yam bal ru’vo’gedetir. 11. Miitra’jorur be kara ornau’kemir motir sha staabi de uj’hettipurg laamychoru’kajir. 12. Tuu Sekariya ru’haa’taylir miitra’jorur, kaysh chaabyc bal jehav. 13. Al’miitra’jorur ru’sirbur, “Nu’cuyir chaabyc, Sekariya, jorcu Te’Solus ru’susulur gar. Gar riduur ven gotanir bah ad, bal gar enteyor gair kaysh Shon. 14. Kaysh ven cuyir emuur bal briikasar par gar, bal ori’sol ven cuyir briikase jorcu be kaysh goten, 15. Jorcu kaysh ven cuyir vutyc bah Te’Solus. Kaysh enteyor draar pirur papuur’gal ra gal, bal kaysh ven or’oyacir de Te’Spirit teh kaysh goten.
Literally:
10. When time came to burn incense, all observant of duty to God stood outside and prayed. 11. Angel appeared, standing to right of incense altar. 12. When Zechariah saw angel, he afraid and was startled. 13. But angel said, “Do not be afraid, Zechariah, because God heard you. Your wife will give birth to a son, and you must name him John. 14. He will be pleasure and happiness for you, and many will be happy because of his birth, 15. Because he will be special to God. He must never drink wine or ale, and he will be indwelt by the Spirit from his birth.
Last edited by Belandrie Meave on 13 Sep 2016 07:17, edited 1 time in total.

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 12 Jun 2016 10:27

16. Kaysh ven’jorir ori’sol adate be Israil yaim bah Te’Solus, Al’alor.
17. Bal kaysh ven’kemir troan’vai Al’alor, o’r goyust bal dral be Elija, at yaimpar be’buir karta at kaysh ade bal nu’kedinyc adate at goyust be kar’tayl meg runi’serimyc adate kemir.”
18. Sekariya ru’sirbur bah miitra’jorur, “Tion’boru ni ven’kar’taylir ibac troch? Ni cuyir ruug’la, bal ner riduur cuyir ruug’la.”
19. Miitra’jorur ru’uresonir, “Ni cuy Gabriel. Ni motir gebbar Te’Solus, bal ni ru’chaa’dinuir at jorhaa’ir at gar bal rejorhaa’ir gar ibic jate evaar’miit.
20. Bal jii gar ven’cuy shev’la bal nuliser jorhaa’ir akay tuur ibic banar, jorcu gar nu’ru’urmankalar ner miite, meg ven’haa’banar o’r serim ca’nara.”

Literally:
16. He will bring many people of Israel home to God, the Lord.
17. And he will walk ahead of the Lord, in the way and power of Elijah, to return parents’ hearts to their children and disobedient people to way of knowledge that righteous (lit. correct-soul) people walk.”
18. Zechariah said to angel, “How will I know that verily? I am old, and my wife is old.”
19. Angel replied, “I am Gabriel. I stand near to God, and I was sent to speak to you and tell you this good news.
20. And now you will be silent and unable speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come to pass in correct time.”

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 13 Jun 2016 10:19

'Favor' in the usual Biblical sense was tricky, and we could probably use an 'among' because I've had to find all sorts of sneaky ways around using that whole concept.
And 'wonder', and 'realize'. Do Mando'ade not follow normal this-world thought processes?
Really happy to find gaan'joha, but pretty sure I'm not using it in the original sense.

21. Vaal ibic ru’banar, adate ru’parer par Sekariya bal ru’mirdir baatyc beh jor kaysh ru’cuy bid’yc getu o’r be’Te’Solus karyai.
22. Tuu kaysh ru’kemir dayn, kaysh ru’nuliser jorhaa’ir at val. Val ru’olaror sha kar’tayl bac kaysh ru’haa’taylir haa’it o’r be’Te’Solus karyai, jorcu kaysh ru’gotal’ur gaan’joha a’ru’cuy nuliser jorhaa’ir.
23. Tuu kaysh ca’nara be jagaanur ru’kyrir, kaysh yaim’olir.
24. Kaysh riduur Elisabeth ru’cuy yaihad’la bal par rayshe’a tuurare ru’cuyolir o’r val karyai.
25. “Al’alor ru’narir ibic par ni,” kaysh ru’sirbur. “O’r ibic tuure kaysh ru’tengaanar kaysh mav’dinui’yc bal te’habir ner dush’kote o’r sur’haai be adate.”

Literally:
21. While this happened, people waited for Zechariah and thought concernedly about why he was such hours in God’s house.
22. When he walked out, he was unable speak to them. They arrived at knowledge that he had seen vision in God’s house, because he made hand-signs but was unable speak.
23. When his time of service ended, he returned home.
24. His wife Elizabeth was pregnant and for five months stayed in their house.
25. “The Lord has done this for me,” she said. “In this days he has shown his favor (‘free-giving-ness’) and taken away my disgrace in eyes of people.”

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 14 Jun 2016 04:21

Belandrie Meave wrote:So I don't know if this is still even going, but I literally made an account just for this project...
I was going to start on the gospel of Luke (because it's my favorite and it seems the logical choice for first gospel to be translated into a Star Wars language), and thought I should check nobody else had already claimed it. (Phonetic transliteration of all the begats in chapter 3 will be fun, particularly as there doesn't seem to be a word for 'born'!)
I'm working from the 1984 NIV, and Luke starts like this:
1) Birov jage ru'kebbur bah miit'gaanar ruyot be kebise meg ru'hiibir papurgaat acyk mhi teh ruug'la gehat'ik 2) shi as ibice kebise ru'rejorhaa'ir at mhi de jage meg maan, teh maan ca'nara, ru'borarir bal ja'halir haar Miit. 3) Jorcu be ibic, jorcu ni ru'ja'halir an ibice kebise teh maan ca'nara, ni ru'mirdir jate par ni at balyc miit'gaanar ani ruyot par gar, ori'jate Theovhilas, par ibic gar ven'kar'taylir troch ibice kebise meg gar ru'hibirar teh ashise.
Literally: 1) Many men have tried to write history of things that took fruit between us from old stories 2) just as these things were told to us by men who first, from original time, worked and witnessed ('watched over') the Word. 3) Because of this, because I have witnessed all these things from the original time, I thought good for me to also write total history for you, excellent Theophilus, for that you will know verily these things which you learned from others.
Not sure if 'ibice' for 'these' is entirely kosher - anybody? (My reasoning being that it is the plural of 'this')
"Ru'hiibir papurgaat" isn't the connotation here. That sounds more like harvest, when the original connotation is more like to flower
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 14 Jun 2016 05:40

So... ru'haa'banar? It kind of bleaches out the poeticism of the language, but if it helps comprehension I guess it's worth it.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 18 Jun 2016 18:58

Ru'draashar?
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 30 Jun 2016 04:04

Joseph, Mary, Jesus, and David just about unrecognizable - I'm trying to get them so that a 'Mandalorian' Mando'ad reading this would pronounce them the same as people hereabouts do, but that may sound weird to American ears. Feel free to tell me a better way.
'Highly favored' - argh. I've mangled Tal'jair's 'blessing' (n) to get 'blessed' (adj). I've used 'ruling place' rather than 'ruling seat' because connotations.
I may have had a bit too much fun with the Laamyc'ne and Ani'la, but I really love the 'rolling thunder' of the Annunciation oratory, and don't think it's possible to go overboard on calling God great.

26. O’r resol’tuurar, Te’Solus ru’chaa’dinuir miitra’jorur Gabriel at Nasareth, orikih oriya o’r Galilii,
27. At cin’runi dal’ika, ru’haat’miit riduur be Josevh, kurshok-borarur be bui’tsad be Daved. Cin’runi dal’ika’gai Meri.
28. Miitra’jorur slanar at Meri bal ru’sirbur, “Jate tuur, gar megin cuy laamyc’la ru’riye’miit’la! Al’Alor ti gar.”
29. Meri ru’baatar sha kaysh miite, bal ru’nu’suvarir meg gotan be miite ibic ru’cuy.
30. A’miitra’jorur ru’sirbur, “Nu’chaabar, Meri, gar ru’jatisir Te’Solus, bal kaysh ganar jatne emuurar par gar.
31. Gar ven’cuy yaihad’la bal gotenir jag’ika ad, bal gar enteyor dinuir kaysh gai Jisus.
32. Kaysh ven’cuy a’oryc, bal ven’gair haa Ad be Laamyc’ne. Te’Solus Al’Alor ven’enteyor bah kaysh ke’gyce’la taap be kaysh buir Daved,
33. Bal kaysh ven’ke’gyce ani’la jaon yaim’vhetin bal adate be Jakob, adol an ca’nara: kaysh ke’gyce nu draar kyrir.”

Literally:
26. In sixth month, God sent angel Gabriel to Nazareth, tiny city in Galilee,
27. To virgin girl, promised wife of Joseph, wood-worker of the lineage of David. Virgin girl’s name Mary.
28. Angel went to Mary and said, “Good day, you who are highly blessed! The Lord is with you.”
29. Mary worried at his words, and did not understand what type of words these were.
30. But angel said, “Fear not, Mary, you have pleased God, and he has preference for you.
31. You will be pregnant and give birth to boy child, and you must give him name Jesus.
32. He will be great, and will be called Son of Most High (lit. Highest). God the Lord will give to him the ruling place of his father David,
33. And he will rule supreme over the homeland and people of Jacob, through all time: his rule will (emphatically) never end.

...I'mma stop there because there I am not tackling 'overshadow' and 'ecce ancilla Domine' today, no.

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 11 Jul 2016 03:25

Whyyy must all the words for 'holy' be sarcastic in tone??? Osik'la miit-pitat'kurs (horrible word-jungle) follows.
I've about had a gutsful of Gabriel and I want to get out of this section, so I've made a word for 'born' to save myself time later. The word is ru'jorteh'yaiir, 'brought from the womb', designed to be used like the English 'born' without going roundabouts around gotenir.
Note also 'miit'daynir', 'words out', for proclaim/exclaim/what my acting coach used to call 'project' and I apparently never did enough of.
Note also 'solbe'an', 'one of all' - finally got fed up and made myself an 'among', with the aid of the OED's etymology section.
For the record: I've been pulling stunts like 'Al'alor'miite' for 'God's words', because I pronounce a terminal e in Mando'a more like é (e.g. Padme, e is pronounced, vs. Satine, e is silent.) For me it sounds like 'al-alor-meet-ay'. I'm not sure if this is standard practice - anyone?

34. “Tion’bor ibic ven’cuy,” Meri ru’tionir miitra’jorur, “jorcu ni cin’runi dal’ika?”
35. Miitra’jorur ru’uresonir, “Te’Runi ven’olaror at gar, bal dral be Laamyc’ne ven’huukatir gar. Sol’tanyc cin ik’aad adu ven’jorteh’yaiir ven’gair Ad be Al’alor.
36. Sushir: Elisabeth, to’ad gar aliit, ven’jorir ik’aad nu’jorcu kaysh rug, bal kaysh adu ru’sirbur nu’gotenyc, kaysh o’r resol tuurar be yaihad.
37. Jorcu naas nu’ret’yc ti Al’alor.”
38. “Al’alor duur ke’gyce ni mayen kaysh copaanir,” Meri ru’sirbur. “Ni vercopaanir an ibic ven’cuy boru gar sirbur.”
39. Sha ibac tuur, Meri ru’tsikador, bal ru’iviinir at oriya o’r cerare be Juda,
40. Vai kaysh ru’olaror lo karyai be Sekariyah bal ru’urcir Elisabeth.
41. Tuu Elisabeth ru’susulur Meri’jorad, ik’aad ru’abiir o’r kaysh yai, bal Elisabeth ru’hailir ti Te’Runi.
42. Ti kaab’la jorad, kaysh ru’miit’daynir: “Ru’riye’miit’la kaysh solbe’an dalase, bal ru’riye’miit’la ik’aad gar ven’gotenir!
43. Al tion’jor ni bid ru’mav’dinuir, meg dala’buir be gar Alor olaror at ni?
44. Tuu ni ru’susulur gar jorad, ik’aad o’r ner yai ru’abiir ti emuur.
45. Ru’riye’miit’la dala adu ru’urmankalar meg Al’alor’miite ven’haa’banar!”

Literally:
1. “How will this be,” Mary asked angel, “because I am a virgin?”
2. Angel replied, “Holy Spirit will come to you, and power of Most High will cover you. Uniquely pure baby who will be born will be called Son of God.
3. Listen: Elizabeth, member (of) your family, will bear child despite (‘not-because’) her old age, and she who was said barren, she in sixth month of pregnancy.
4. Because nothing impossible with God.”
5. “God may command me whatever he wants,” Mary said. “I hope all this will be as you say.”
6. At that time, Mary made ready and hurried to a city in the mountains of Judea,
7. Where she came into house of Zechariah and met Elizabeth.
8. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s voice, baby jumped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with Holy Spirit.
9. In loud voice, she exclaimed: “Blessed you among women, and blessed is baby you will give birth!
10. But why I so favored (using my ‘favor’ from v. 25), that mother of my Lord comes to me?
11. When I heard your voice, the baby in my womb jumped with joy.
12. Blessed woman who believed that God’s words will come to pass.

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 08 Jan 2017 10:15

Awayyy... I've been awaaaaayyyy... nevermind, singing in type doesn't really work so well.
Notes: had the idea of using Sol'tan rather than Solus to mean The One in referring to God, as it comes out about the same in English and doesn't carry the connotation of vulnerability.
Using cin'petiryc as a non-sarcastic 'holy'.
Couldn't believe no 'proud', so I've built one: g'yaihil'kayc. Details on Taljair's custom words thread.

46. Bal Meri ru’sirbur: “Ner runi miite’dinuir ijaat be Al’alor
47. bal ganar ori’emuur o’r Te’Solus gar Tegaanalur
48. jorcu kaysh ru’kar’taylir diryc bal kih’kot be ni, kaysh jagaanla. Jii bal ca’nara nu’cyrir, an adate ven’cuyir ni’cuy ru’riye’miitir,
49. jorcu haa Dralne Sol’tan ru’jorbir a’oryc kebise par ni – cin’petiryc kaysh gai.
50. Kaysh kar’galan cha’hiibir at an adate adu kandir kaysh, par val bal val ade bal bu’ade.
51. Kaysh ru’narir a’oryc kebise be kaysh drala irud; kaysh ru’ba’viinir adate g'yaihil'kayc o’r kaysh kar’ta.
52. Kaysh ru’goorar mand’alor teh kaysh kegyce’la taape, al laam’hiibir boracyk bal linibaryc.
53. Kaysh ru’hailir linibaryc (not sure if that’s the right suffix) adate ti jate kebise, al chaa’dinuir waadyc adate be’chaaj ut’reeyah.
54. Kaysh ru’gaa’taylir kaysh jagaanla Israil, bal ru’partaylir kaysh kar’galan
55. At Ibraaham bal kaysh ade bal bu’ade par ca’nara nu’cyrir, sa kaysh ru’sirbur at cuun buirse.”
56. Meri ru’cuy ti Elisabeth par ehn tuurar, bal yaim’olir.

Literally:
1. And Mary said: “My spirit proclaims the honor of God
2. and has great joy in God my Savior
3. because he known the low and small strength of me, His servant. Now and for time not-ending, all people will say I am blessed
4. because the Strongest One did great things for me – holy (pure-centered) His name.
5. His mercy reaches to all people who respect Him, for them and their children and grandchildren.
6. He did great things with His strong arm; He scattered the men proud in their hearts but raised the poor and needy. (Not exactly, but the general idea’s right.)
7. He filled needing people with good things, but sent rich people away empty.
8. He helped his servant Israel, and remembered His mercy
9. To Abraham and children and grandchildren for time not-ending, as He said to our fathers.”
10. Mary stayed with Elizabeth for three months, and returned home.

Mittramikad
Verd

Unread post by Mittramikad » 06 Mar 2017 06:04

I’m gonna join in on the goodness that is this thread. I’m starting with Mark after that I think I’m going to go for First Samuel or Judges. I would really love any feedback!

Bin'hok 1 - Jon Tsikala Yust

1 Yog be jate’vaaran* beh Je’sus Sol’jaten*, ad be’tesolus, 2 sa ru’miitgaana o’r Aisaya* t’soluram*:

Ni ven’chaa’dinui ner chaaj’miitan ru gar, adu ven’tsikala gar yust. 3 Eyn jorad orjore lo utree’vhetin, ke’tsikala haa yust par Alor, ke’gotalu briik’jate* haa briikare gar kaysh.

4 Bal bid Jon Cinan* ru’ornau’kemi o’r utree’vhetin, Jaisu’sulani* cinvhetan* be’nar’yaim’ol* par di’dunar nunynin.* 5 An jude’ade* bal an be’Jeru’salim* ade ru’slana at Jon. Val ru’kar’tenni* val nunynin, Jon cinvheta val o’r Yustapir Jordan 6 Jon ru'kuti haaran be’bas’kut be’kovedee, ti tay’gaan be’bas’gam rud dul’baar, bal kaysh ru’epa kih’naaste* bal uja nurmanyc. 7 Bal ibic ru’cuyi chaaj’miit, ven ni olaro sol dralshy’a. (a) Tay’gaan be kaysh cetare ni naasad luubid’jate dihaarir. 8 Ni cinvheta ti pirun, a kaysh ven’cinvheta ti Te’Runi.

Cinvhetan bal Kot'akaan be Je'sus

9 Sha ibac ca’nara Je’sus ru’slana teh Nasaret o’r Galeli bal ru’cinvheta de Jon o’r Yustapir Jordan. 10 Shi sa Je’sus ru’lamoti teh pirun, ru'haa’tayli tra shuku bal ru'haa’tayli Te’Runi pel’diryci sa kih senaar. 11 Bal jorad ru'olaro teh tra: (b) “Gar ner ad, ti me ori’emuuri, 12 Jiila Te’Runi chaaj’dinuir Je’sus dayn lo utree’vhetin, 13 Bal ru’cuyi ogir par cur’eta tuure, cuyi ru’kotakaani de Dush’Aru’e. Kaysh cuyi ti nurmanyc kedas bal runi’verde jagaani kaysh linii.

Je'sus Jaisu'sulani Jate'evaar

14 Ru Jon mirci, Je’sus ru’slana lo Galeli, ru’cuyi jaisu’sulani jate’vaaran be Te’Solus. 15 “Ca’nara cuyi olaro,” ru’sirbu Je’sus. “Tome’droten be Te’Solus cuyi pirebu, ke’nar’yaimpar bal ke'urmankala o’r jate’varaan.”

Sol'yc Hibire be Je'sus

16 Sa Je’sus ru’kemi juaan ori’suumpir be Galeli, ru’haa’tayli Saimon bal kaysh vod Andru ru’cuyi goora dosbriik lo suumpir, jorcu val oyan’gie.* 17 “Ke’olaro, ke’shekemi,” Je’sus ru'sirbu. “Bal ni ven’chaaj’dinui beviiragir par adate. 18 Jiila val ru’slana teh dosbriike bal ru’shekemi kaysh. 19 Tuu Je'sus ru’slana kih chaashya, ru’haa’tayli Jayms ad be’Sebedi bal vod Jon o’r val sen ru’cuyi tsikala dosbriik. 20 Jiila ojore at val, bal val ru’slana teh val buir Sebedi bal kaysh verboran bal shekemi Je’sus.

Alternate translation
(a) Nu ni cuyi luubid’jate juri kaysh tebec.
(b) “Gar ner ad, ori’briikasi ti gar”

*denotes a created word

Chapter 1:

Mitt'bin'hok: Chapter (Credit Joh'Amur)
Sol’Jaten: Blessed/Anointed one
Jate’Vaaran (n.): Good News
Vaaran(n.): News
Aisaya: Isaiah
T’soluram: Prophet (Lit. Mouth of God)
Briik’jate: 1. Straight 2. Morally Upright (lit. good path)
Ori’miitir (v.): give a rousing speech
Jaisu’sulanir (Jaisur? Jaisulanir?) (v): Preach, Herald, Proclaim with excitement/joy (lit. say so everyone hears)
Miit’eycir (v.): encourage
Cinvhetan (n.): Baptism
Cinchetar (v.): Baptize
Cinan (n.): Baptizer
Nunynin (n.): sin, to miss the mark
Nar’yaim’ol (n.): repentance
Nar’yaimpar (v.): to repent (lit. return with purpose, turn away)
Jude’ade (n.): Judean People
Jeru’salim (n.): Jerusalem
Kar’tennir (v.): Admit, Confess, reveal your heart
Kih’edeem (n.): bug
Kih’naast (n.): Bug that eats crops
Nasaret (n.): Nazareth
Galeli (n.): Galilee
Pel’dirycir (v.): fall softly, float down onto
Kot’akaanir (v.): test
Kot’akaan (n.): Test
Ori’dushan (n.): Devil
Dush’Aru’e (n.): Satan
Runi’verd (n.): Angel (credit kensokuT10)
Saimon (n.): Simon
Oyangi (n.): Fisherman (and fishermen?)
Verboran (n.): Workmen, hired workers not mercs
Linii (n.): need (credit Taljair te Mir'ad)

Gaid’cinan (n.): dish-washer

Request(s): (v.) To call (out to), (v.) to leave

In this translation use of cuyi + verb = progressive verb, I don’t know if this is right, but it’s how I did it.

I will be uploading at least 20 verses or 1 chapter whatever comes first every week!
Kih ori'dush cuyi sa kih yaihad, gar lise kebbu gevar, su bic ven'tengaana ast.

Mittramikad
Verd

Unread post by Mittramikad » 13 Mar 2017 20:45

Je’sus Dar’adir Nucin’Runi
21 Val ru’slana at Caperinum* bal tuu ru’yogu* ray’tuur, suum’tuur.* Je’sus ru’slana at urman’yam bal ru’yogu ba’jurir. 22 Adate cuyi ori’jehav,* jorcu ba’juri sa ad ti alom’duum,* naas sa ba’jurad be mandokar’jurar.* 23 Jiila ad o’r val urman’yam ru’kebriikgaana* de nucin’runi jai, 24 “Tion gar copanni ti mhi, Je’sus be Nasaret? Ru’olaro naasta mhi? Kar’tayli adu gar cuyi - cin'petiryc’ad* be Te’Solus.
25 K’uur! Ru’sirbu Je’sus alomyc*. Ni dar’adir* gar! 26 Nucin’runi ru’ru’ir ad ti hokaad bal ru’olaro dayn be kaysh.
27 Adate ru’cuyi gota’kuta* ibac val tioni kay’kaysh, “Tion cuyi ibic? Evaar’la ba’jurar - bal ti alom’duum! Kaysh sulek dinui ke’gyci at nucin’runi bal val kedini. 28 Vaare beh Je’sus gayiyli iviiniryc* jaon ani veeray be Galeli.

Je’sus Jahaar Ori’sol
29 Jiila ven val ru’slana urman’yam, val ru’slana ti Jayms bal Jon at yaim be Saimon bal Andru. 30 Buir be riduur be Saimon ru’cuyi o’r haav ti nadala’troan*, bal val jiila ru’sirbu Je’sus beh kaysh. 31 Bid Je’sus ru’slana at kaysh, ru’hiibi kaysh gan bal ru’gaa’tay laam. Nadala’troan* ru’slana teh kaysh bal yogu jagaani val.
32 Ibac ge’catra ven mhokar’daab* adate ru’jori at Je’sus an val duhaa’la bal kebriikganna de nucin adate. 33 An kihya ru’joruu sha yamlon,* 34 bal Je’sus ru’jahaa* ori’sol ahu ru’cuyi ori’sol nuras* nejahe. Je’sus balyc dar’adir ori’sol nucin’runi, a kaysh na’duumi nucin’runi sirbu jorcu kar’tayli ahu kaysh cuyi.

Je’sus Vo’gediti o’r Solyc* Taap
35 Ori vaar vaar’tuur, tuu bic su dha, Je’sus ru’ne’hor, ru’slana teh yaim, bal ru’slana at solyc taap, ogir ru’vo’gediti. 36 Saimon bal vode re’slana echoylir kaysh, 37 bal ven val ru’mar’eyi, val orjore, “Anade cuyi echoyli par gar!”
38 Je’sus yaimsi*, “Mhi ke’ven slana ash’vai* nuras - at pirebu kihya - Bid ibac jaisusulani ogir balyc. Ibac jor ni olaro. 39 Bid kaysh ru’slana adol Galeli, jaisusulani o’r val urman’yam bal dar’adir nucin’runi.

Je’sus Jahaa Jag Ti Neja’gam*
40 Jag ti neja’gam* ru’olaro at Je’sus bal ceta, jag ru’gediti, “Meh gar ven[c], gar lise ni cinyc.” 41 Je’sus haili ti pel’karta* Chaa’hiibi gaan bal ru’tigaanu te jag. Ru’sirbu, “Vaabi ven,[d] ke’cina!” Jiila neja’gam ru’slana teh kaysh bal kaysh ru’cina.
43 Je’sus ru’slana kaysh[e] be’chaaj jiila ti mitt’buruk:* 44 “Ke’rejorhaa’i nu’ad.* A slana, ke’tengaana garast at urman’alore bal gotal’ur narcyan* ibac Mo’ses re’kedini par gar cinan, sa haacuy at val. 45 Taa jad ru’slana bal ru’rejorhaa’i anade, ru’gayili vaare. Jorcu be’ibic, Je’sus nu’lise or’kemi kihya tennyc* a cuyoli da’yam* o’r solyc taap. Su anade re’oloro at kaysh teh gayili.

Alternate Translation
(c) Meh gar gaana
(d) Gaana
(e) //How do would you translate this?

*denotes a created word

I will be uploading at least 20 verses or 1 chapter whatever comes first every week!

Here's my lexicon of made up words:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NhQ ... sp=sharing

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 13 Mar 2017 22:09

Literal translation, and/or a note saying what version of the Bible you're using, would be nice if you can manage it, please!
(e) - in this case it's kaysh, because it's one person that's being sent away.

Mittramikad
Verd

Unread post by Mittramikad » 14 Mar 2017 03:52

Def, I'm using NIV 2011 and my koine greek bible from school. I'll try to get a literal translation up soon.

Mittramikad
Verd

Unread post by Mittramikad » 18 Mar 2017 00:43

Mittramikad
Verd

Unread post by Mittramikad » 20 Mar 2017 03:50

Mittramikad
Verd

Unread post by Mittramikad » 28 Mar 2017 03:10