Tabletop Roleplaying without Tables (5th Ed. D&D?)

For everything not directly related to learning Mando'a.
Tempest
Verd

Tabletop Roleplaying without Tables (5th Ed. D&D?)

Unread post by Tempest » 12 Mar 2016 13:06

'Cuy!
So I've been thinking... My latest obsession has been this tabletop gaming thing (I seem to accumulate hobbies, lol), and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to read their (the company that makes D&D) free PDF player's manual, make a character, and play over the forum. If you already know D&D, then *fist pound*. I'm a new DM, but I'm very creative, and I know a good DM who gives me advice from time to time. Anyway, more details if you all like this idea.

Notice: I don't own the Pathfinder manuals, but if they have an abridged free version, I'd be willing to give it a shot.
Last edited by Tempest on 15 Mar 2016 01:55, edited 1 time in total.
Darasuum kote? Wer'cuy. Kartaylir darasuum ner vode? Darasuum te ori'waadasla.

Ruus
Verd

Re: Tabletop Roleplaying without Tables (5th Ed. D&D?)

Unread post by Ruus » 12 Mar 2016 16:51

Sounds fun!
What if the whole thing is posted in Mando'a?

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 12 Mar 2016 18:23

I have played a few campaigns (3.5, 4, and 5). I have way more dice than one person needs.

I probably won't have much time to participate (and I am pretty bad at RP) but I'll be pleased to see where this goes. :)
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

Tempest
Verd

Unread post by Tempest » 13 Mar 2016 04:03

*looks at Ruus* Wanna wait to see if anyone else likes this? If nobody else is interested, I'll prep a one on one campaign, and we can absolutely speak in pure Mando'a if you like. If anyone else speaks up, with more than two or three people it may get complicated, so I'd probably ask you to put your posts in both Mando'a and Common.

*turns to Adi'karta* You could always guest play. I have a game I'm running with my vode, and several of them are really busy, but they join us from time to time. If not, to each his own, as I say. As for bad RPing, nobody's perfect, and if you wanna get better you could get advice from YouTube, or I could even PM you with some tips.

*addresses group* It makes me want to dance around and do a jig to hear that you guys are interested! I want to give it several days or a week before starting, as to give opportunity for anyone interested to speak up. As per usual, I will welcome you guys' thoughts and advice. Thanks!

Ruus
Verd

Unread post by Ruus » 15 Mar 2016 15:00

Let's see where this goes.
It may be a little slow, as I only come on here every couple of days, but it sounds fun!
It would be fun to do it all in mando'a; I have just started learning, so I'm not really fluent yet, but this would be a good way to use the language more frequently, I think.

Tempest
Verd

Unread post by Tempest » 15 Mar 2016 16:49

You're right, it'd be good to use Mando'a more often. "Kot" = Strength, "mirdala" = Intelligence, "jarkiv" = Charisma, "iviin" = Speed; I haven't found constitution, wisdom, or dexterity. Also, Ruus, have you read the D&D 5E manual yet? I'd wait off on making your character though, until we figure out party dynamics, but it's way easier if you know how before hand. Thanks! :thumbup:

Ruus
Verd

Unread post by Ruus » 15 Mar 2016 17:06

Does a Mando know how to shoot a gun?
I've read it, ner vod:) Won't be hard for me to make a character.

Tempest
Verd

Unread post by Tempest » 15 Mar 2016 17:45

Sorry, ner vod, my other party is new, hence my habit of double checking.

Be advised: I have only the free version of the core rule books of 5E, but I'll trust you if you want to use full version races, classes, etc. like Barbarian, Bard, Monk, etc. Also, as for back story, pick what you want, because the adventure will start in your homeland and you'll be whisked away to the new place early on.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 16 Mar 2016 04:07

I'd love to join in, but I'm already involved with a couple campaigns as it is. best of luck, lads.
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Tempest
Verd

Unread post by Tempest » 16 Mar 2016 05:14

*turns to Vlet* Happy gaming then, vod. Also, any word you can spread would be good... A 1 on 1 game is cool, but ,in my opinion, a 2 or 3 player party is the most fun.

Tempest
Verd

Unread post by Tempest » 21 Mar 2016 00:14

Alrighty then... For those who'd like to play, please answer these 3 questions: 1. Do you like puzzles, exploration, combat, or role-play the best? 2. What tone do you prefer (like horror, comedy, realistic)? 3. What do you find the most rewarding about D&D (like loot, character development, finding new lands, epic combat scenes)

Also, please PM me with the info on your character sheet (especially your backstory and character concept)

I don't mean for this to be like twenty questions, but these questions are the ones I usually ask during Session 0. We'll start, hopefully, before the week is done. Thanks! :thumbup:

Ruus
Verd

Unread post by Ruus » 21 Mar 2016 00:15

Tempest, ner vod, it is unfortunately looking like I won't be able to play. Life has gotten busy for me right now, and I just won't have the time. I hope some of the other vode here will take you up on that game.
If anything opens up for me, I will definitely let you know.
N'eparavu takisit.

Tempest
Verd

Unread post by Tempest » 21 Mar 2016 17:17

It's okay. Actually it may be temporarily for the best, as I am having rather worrying medical issues, and, although I probably won't die, it is rather distracting. My jatne'vod and I are praying, though, so although I'll be not posting for awhile I should be back posting per normal in a few weeks. Until then, k'oya'cyi, vode.

Ruus
Verd

Unread post by Ruus » 21 Mar 2016 23:28

K'oya' cyi in every sense of the word, ner vod. I'll be praying for you too.

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 22 Mar 2016 18:05

Ruus wrote:K'oya' cyi in every sense of the word, ner vod. I'll be praying for you too.
I second this. I do not practise a religion nor believe in a specific higher power but you will be in my thoughts. I'm pulling for you. If there's anything I can do to help, just drop me a PM.
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

Tempest
Verd

Unread post by Tempest » 29 Mar 2016 15:50

I won't hog the forum space since this is for D&D, I'll just edit this every once in awhile to say that I'm not inactive or dead.

*looks at Ruus* Thanks for the prayer, Ruus, I'll be praying for you and Adi'karta, too.

*turns to Adi'karta* I appreciate it. And to each 'is own, but I'm curious why you don't believe in any higher power.
Spoiler: show
Although I think you either gotta believe God always has been or matter always has been, the world seems too suspiciously orderly for evolution. I believe the Bible is absolutely, completely true. Anyway, I'm not gonna go too Cleric preachy on you guys or anything, even people who believe like me who do that get on my nerves. My purpose in life is not to shove my ideas into others' throats.
*climbs down from hypocritical soap box about overly preachy religious people*
Hopefully, see you guys around.
K'oya'cyi, ner vode!
Last edited by Tempest on 22 Jul 2016 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

Tempest
Verd

Unread post by Tempest » 08 May 2016 11:51

Praise God! After a scary couple months, I'm back! Through some di'kut'la actions by several unnamed parties, I ended up with something I'm allergic to in my shabla bloodstream. Hence the medical issues. At any rate, I'm healing, and I should be getting, gradually, back to normal life. It's not completely over, and I have to be careful what and when I eat, but things are looking up! Thank you, Ruus, for praying, I really appreciate it. Thank you both for caring (I know it's over the internet and all that stuff about not truly knowing you guys, but still)! The month of May is crazy at work, so anyone interested in the original reason for this thread (D&D, lol) will, unfortunately, have to wait until the beginning of June. Thanks again!