Dolch sight words and simplified grammar

Discussion of existing grammar and words, pronunciation, and compounding new words.
ParjaiTracyn
Verd

Dolch sight words and simplified grammar

Unread post by ParjaiTracyn » 08 Apr 2022 03:53

As many of you know, one way to learn how to read is to memorize common words. As a way for me to practice Mando'a, I decided to translate the Dolch sigh-words list. This list gives words that kids in K through second grade will see in books for their grade level. Normally, the list is ordered by grade, but in my list, I ordered everything alphabetically. I figured that a list of common English sight words would make a decent starting point for learning Mando'a, considering that most people come to the language wanting to translate material.

I also distilled what I learned about Mando'a grammar to the least a person needs to know to trip over a decent sentence. However, I feel like I might have missed some key points (not the little ones; I intentionally make a lot of grammar rules other people's problems). So, here is it, and I appreciate any comments.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c4h ... rfar8wECzI

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Re: Dolch sight words and simplified grammar

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 08 Apr 2022 05:08

I think that looks like a handy primer for people. I'll take a longer look at the grammar later, but it didn't seem to be missing anything serious at a glance.
Shi adate kotep luubid...