Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Olar mhi miit'ganar shi o'r Mando'a - ra mhi pirimmu....

Re: Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourse

Unread postby Ruus » 23 Mar 2017 21:43

Welcome! Good to have you.
Ruus
Verd

Unread postby Peakkuum_Kurr » 08 Apr 2017 18:27

Hi, I'm Peakkuum_Kurr. I was always a fan of Boba and Jango Fett. I really liked their armor and did research on and admire the Mandalorian culture especially after reading the Commando Novels. I wanted to learn a fictional language and started out in Quenya but didn't enjoy it due to the grammar rules and over all complexity. After looking on here and seeing that the grammar is rooted from Karen that this site is reliable. I look forward to becoming a more fluent speaker/ writer so I finally decided to join.
Peakkuum_Kurr
Verd

Unread postby DiscWarrior » 17 Apr 2017 18:10

Su'cuy ner vode!

I have been a long time user of the online dictionary (mostly while on the go, and not at home), but just recently (in the last couple of days) ventured over here to the forum side. I like what I see on the effort to expand our beloved Mando'a. I hope to utilize this newfound resource to continue to grow my knowledge and use of Mando'a.

DiscWarrior
DiscWarrior
Verd

Unread postby Aondeug » 24 Apr 2017 06:48

Su'cuy. I tend to go by Aondeug, Aon for short, online. I found the RepComm books a few years back and became very fond of the things. For a variety of reasons, though the language and its relationship with Mando culture is one of the standouts for me. As is the fact that one of the cultural bases used for the Mando'ade were the Celts. I'm a Gaelic polytheist so I do a lot of studying on particularly Irish history, myth, law, folklore, language, and so on. When I first read Hard Contact I went, you know these sound A LOT like the Gaels. Celts in general really, and what do you know. Part of her inspiration were the Celts.

I've used the dictionary here quite a few times and checked up on the guide, but I've yet to really make a solid attempt at learning to communicate in the language. Or with people who are also interested in this sort of thing. So I have finally decided to make an effort at getting to know people. As well as put a more solid effort into learning the language. In part because I want to write poetry in it.
Aondeug
Verd

Unread postby DralviirJurir » 04 Jun 2017 14:26

Hey, so I started an account here because I've been drawn into discussions on Mandalorian culture and language on tumblr (natswash and izzyovercoffe would know me as ThePhengophobicGamer, I've contributed some personal head canons to a few discussions they had going) and wanted to be abit more involved, I'm not really a language expert but I just spent like half an hour mish-mashing a few words to flesh out some industrial words (kyr'vehruk for to mine, palon'veery for a mine and a few others) so I feel I can at least contribute in some way. I'm generally abit more immursed in the culture of Mandalore, having somewhat built an idea of what I had hoped Mandalore would be like before we were introduced to the New Mandalorians, but hopefully with rebels having many true Mandalorians featured in the next season, some of those thoughts might become more relevant with differant groups of Mandalorians living up to he fandom's exoectations.

Anyway, just saying hi and hoping to participate in some in-depth discussions in he future.

(PS, my username comes from me translating the meaning behind my real name into mando'a, and I'd argue it sounds relatively like a Mandalorian name. If you can guess it you get a cookie.)
DralviirJurir
Verd

Unread postby Vlet Hansen » 04 Jun 2017 18:29

Lucifer?
Shi adate kotep luubid...
Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread postby AcronAnravis » 06 Jun 2017 18:48

Su Cuy'gar Ver Vode!

I've been a diehard Star Wars fan for as long as i can remember as well as a Mandalorian Fanatic... I've always been fascinated by the lore and history of the Mando'ade and decided i wanted to learn how to try and become one as much as humanly possible by following the Resol'nare. i got "Wear the armor" and "serve the clan" down, now I'm trying to "Speak the Language" better... i started learning a few years back so i know the basics but i kinda stopped after that, but I'm looking to start up again!
Kaysh meg miit'gaana, oyacyi.
AcronAnravis
Verd

Unread postby Ka'ra_Vizsla » 11 Jun 2017 23:29

Su cuy'gar ner Vode! I am a little new at learning Mando'a. I know a little of the basics but would love to get more into the sentence forming and grammar. I'm usually horrible when it comes to learning a second language but Mando'a is proving to be easy and fun for me. I've been a Star Wars fan since age 4, I've adopted the Mandalorian culture in real life and trying to improve myself in all aspects.
Ka'ra_Vizsla
Verd

Unread postby Munnodol » 17 Jun 2017 09:18

Hello Everyone, I go by Munnodol.

I have been a Star Wars fan for over a decade, and recently I went off to college to major in linguistics. Currently, I am looking at constructed languages and Mando'a is the language I am looking at the most. My ultimate goal is to write a Mando'a language book as well as a full history book that includes both canon and legend information. Though, I lack the ability, I would also like to create a website for Mando'a fanfics. I hope you can all help me!

Sincerely,
Munnodol
Munnodol
Verd

Previous

Return to Shi jorhaa'i Mando'a.