Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Introduce Yourself. If you are new, you must post in here before posting anywhere else.
Goat
Verd

Re: Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourse

Unread post by Goat » 11 Feb 2016 03:28

A'nu Biss wrote:Goat, eh? Interesting! Olarom!
I know that I might end up going by other names later, but Goat suits who I am for now and is close enough to my usernames in some other places that I'll remember it.

Vor'e. (Feel free to correct me if I go wrong, yeah?)

Man'ika
Verd

Unread post by Man'ika » 18 Feb 2016 01:31

Sucuy'gar Vode

I learned about Mando'a while reading the books of Karen Traviss and i was pretty amazed about how wonderful the mandalorian lenguage and culture is!
And so here i am, i found this forum a couple of weeks ago, while i was "mando'ade Stuffs" on the internet.
Treekaysh for my bad english and my doosh'sheea mando'a, but actually in pretty rusty with the first and i'm still learning the second.

Ret'! vode.

mrklingon
Verd

Unread post by mrklingon » 28 Feb 2016 19:32

Nothing much to post - I'm a long time fan of Mando'a and am very impressed by the lexicon provided here, thanks!

I did interview Karen Traviss a number of years back for my podcast "Programming in Tongues" - she did a great job with this language, too bad Lucasfilm took a different tack with the Mando's.

FWIW, her Mando'a pages are no longer served at her site, but you can find them at archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130617082 ... e20/page26

And if anyone is interested (I don't expect many will be) I have a short devotional podcast using my Mando'a language Bible:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/MiitParVerd

Ruus
Verd

Unread post by Ruus » 28 Feb 2016 22:29

Su'cuy gar vode.
I'm Ruus, and (like many others) I've been on here time and again before finally deciding to make an account. My dream is to become as fluent as possible, we'll see.
All the work people have put into this is definitely inspiring!

Nau Tranyc
Verd

Unread post by Nau Tranyc » 04 Mar 2016 02:07

Sucuy'gar, ner vod.

Ni cuy Nau Tranyc.

For many years I have been wanting to learn Mando'a for many years now. I have finally decided to take initiative and begin my studies. I hope to learn a lot here and become good enough to speak.

Nemi
Verd

Unread post by Nemi » 15 Mar 2016 15:02

Su cuy, vode.

I'm Nemi, I got into Mando'a a few weeks back and started doing some audio recordings of the language in Tumblr.
So between that and re-reading the RC books I am looking forward to learning more and chatting about the language. :D

Revan
Verd

Unread post by Revan » 15 Mar 2016 16:11

Hey All!
I'm looking to learn mando'a and this looked like a great place to check into. I hope to be able to add my own contributions here sometime in the future.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 16 Mar 2016 03:58

Cuy vaar'tal! Olarom, an!
Shi adate kotep luubid...

broot
Verd

Unread post by broot » 16 Mar 2016 12:22

hi there

my name is broot.
and my friend and I just want to learn mandalorian because Star Wars is awesome.

thats all i have to say i guess.

Joha'galaar
Verd

Unread post by Joha'galaar » 11 Apr 2016 03:00

Su'cuy an! *waves awkwardly*

So...I am a language nerd who loves Star Wars. I've been avidly reading the Learn Mando'a forums for the last couple of weeks, and I've been absolutely delighted with all the debates, conversations, and projects I've seen going on here. I'm here for a couple of reasons. The first is that I totally would love to learn Mando'a. The second is that I'd love to join in with whatever projects I could help with. I'm doing some self-study linguistics for senior year this year and I've got permission to use any linguistic-related Mando'a stuff towards that, so I have plenty of time I can dedicate towards whatever you think I would be useful for. I was hoping to work on some sort of beginning reading primers once I had achieved some basic fluency, or (easier for me to start on now) a primer for reading Mandor script.

Anyway, that's about it, I think. I hope I can be of some use towards developing Mando'a further!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 11 Apr 2016 22:28

Happy to have you here, vode!

Alor Skirata
Verd

Unread post by Alor Skirata » 12 Apr 2016 23:50

Hello I am Alor Skirata, known in the 501st as TK-768. I am also known as Alan Wilson. I am an old Mando'a and have been around awhile. I am a US Army combat veteran of 16 1/2 years, fluent in multiple martial arts, swordfighting and a Master Armorer. I belong to a real life Mando'a Clan known as Kandosii Clan, and a member of Clan King. I am also a real life Ordained Jedi Priest. A few of my Vods run beskar'gam on the airsoft fields. You can check this out at https://m.facebook.com/ClanKandosii/. If I can be of any service please let me know.

Bosyx
Verd

Unread post by Bosyx » 06 May 2016 17:01

Su'cuy,

I'm Bosyx, a nerd in California that found these forums from the dictionary page after using it to start on a translation of the Ka Mate and Ko Niu Tireni hakas for a D&D character. As of this point neither haka is close to being finished, but as soon as they are I will upload them in the translation threads.

I have no idea what else to say in this first post, so I'll just cut it off here.

Ret'urcyi mhi!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 15 May 2016 05:18

I'm excited to see how those turn out, I'm sure people here can help if you feel stuck

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 28 May 2016 09:50

Su'cuy, nar gai Belandrie Meave - sirbur ner gai Andie. Ni Jetii, bal ner buir ru'Mando. Ni ru'ba'jurir bat Coruscant.
Ner Mando'a dush jiila, al ni borarir bat ibic.
I kind of got into this to help with the Bible translation project, and because I've been annoying all my friends lately by greeting them in Mando'a, so I thought I'd go somewhere people were less likely to get annoyed.

Belandrie Meave
Verd

Unread post by Belandrie Meave » 28 May 2016 10:38

Bosyx wrote:Su'cuy,

I'm Bosyx, a nerd in California that found these forums from the dictionary page after using it to start on a translation of the Ka Mate and Ko Niu Tireni hakas for a D&D character. As of this point neither haka is close to being finished, but as soon as they are I will upload them in the translation threads.
Hey Bosyx,
I have no idea why a Californian would be working on translating hakas, but it's awesome that you are... and my Maori is about as good as my Mando'a... but I'm a Kiwi (or my this-world avatar is), I kind of grew up on the darn things - I'd be interested in helping with hakas if you need any help.
Duumir cuy haat acyk gar kar'ta bal haa Dral. An ashi dar'cuy. - Surenit Kli'qiy

joh'amur
Verd

Unread post by joh'amur » 02 Jun 2016 23:36

Su'cuy! Ni ru mar'eyi ibic kandosii'la joha bal ni jiila ru emuuri bic. Ni vercopaani bac ni lise hibirar bal jorhaa'ir bic jate'shya.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 05 Jun 2016 18:44

Gar o'r serim taap!

Kar'Tayl Ani
Verd

Unread post by Kar'Tayl Ani » 02 Jul 2016 03:30

Greetings!

I'm a huge Star Wars fan! I'm currently a member of the 501st, MMCC, and the R2 Builder's club. I would love to learn Mando'a as a way to continue in this great hobby!

An'u Biss
Verd

Unread post by An'u Biss » 07 Jul 2016 16:07

Kar'Tayl Ani wrote:Greetings!

I'm a huge Star Wars fan! I'm currently a member of the 501st, MMCC, and the R2 Builder's club. I would love to learn Mando'a as a way to continue in this great hobby!
Olarom vod!