Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Introduce Yourself. If you are new, you must post in here before posting anywhere else.
Adi'karta
Admin

Re: Welcome to Learn Mando'a!

Unread post by Adi'karta » 12 Jan 2014 04:34

Olarom, Lily. Glad to have you join us. Don't worry about "butchering" the language -- we're all really new at it. Nobody has spoken this language from birth -- yet. :D
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

Parjai
Verd

Unread post by Parjai » 13 Jan 2014 21:26

Wow, what an awesome group of vode! And olarom, Lily! :D

I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to spend here, given school and such, but this is a very worthwhile endeavor. Oya, Manda!

Raeth
Verd

Unread post by Raeth » 14 Jan 2014 00:40

I am so happy to have Lily here! We are locational vode in real life! Oya!
Part father, part artist, part perpetual student, part gamer, part Japan-o-phile, part contrarian, part instigator, part anthropologist, part blacksmith, part costumer, part food lover, part writer, part adventurer, part eccentric...
AN MANDO'AD!

Naux2010
Verd

Unread post by Naux2010 » 07 Feb 2014 23:33

Howdy! So after playing my BH on Swtor, I really have been obsessed with learning all about Mandalorians. I am actually a high school biology and physics teacher, but love starwars to the core. Considering my last name really is Vader (comes from the German 'father'), how can I not? I have loved languages and I've always wanted to learn a sci-fi language and I think this is the one I'm settling on, because of its lore and values. Anyway, I hope that I can get some answers as well as contribute to Mando'a.

Naux2010
Verd

Unread post by Naux2010 » 09 Feb 2014 01:17

Howdy all! Ive been playing swtor mmo since it came out and have since fallen completely in love with my BH and the mandalorian culture. I am a physics and biology teacher but history and culture is my past time. I have discovered and decided to learn mando'a. I've always been quick to understand a language but of the 3 languages I have learned I have since forgotten because they just weren't fun and no one would speak with me or care to learn it. With this I hope not only to learn the existing words and grammar, I would love to see this come into a fully functional language. And who knows, maybe with my next child I will start speaking this around them so we can have one to speak from birth :)

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 09 Feb 2014 04:06

Olarom, Naux! Glad to have you with us. Sorry for the post-approval delay. :(

In terms of well-established Sci-Fi languages, Mando'a falls behind Na'vi, which falls behind Klingon, which falls behind Quenya Elvish (Sindarin has an even smaller lexicon than Mando'a iirc). That said, I'm inclined to think it's the coolest.

That's a remarkable coincidence that your last name is Vader. Definitely provides extra incentive to either love Star Wars or curse it's name and all the "I am your father" jokes that probably happened (though I'm sure that happens more frequently for people named Luke).

Having someone speak Mando'a as a second language from birth would certainly do a lot to bolster the legitimacy of the language, and also provide a fresh perspective on the evolution of the language. I heartily encourage your idea. :)

Raeth
Verd

Unread post by Raeth » 10 Feb 2014 16:07

Olarom, Naux! Glad to have you as a new vod to our aliit! Also glad to see another teacher (though I have moved on, I miss it!) and another SW:TOR player.

Hope to see you around plenty! And, if it interests you, don't forget to check out our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/mandoa.org

Oya Manda darasuum!
Part father, part artist, part perpetual student, part gamer, part Japan-o-phile, part contrarian, part instigator, part anthropologist, part blacksmith, part costumer, part food lover, part writer, part adventurer, part eccentric...
AN MANDO'AD!

DuesPo
Verd

Unread post by DuesPo » 12 Feb 2014 04:36

Kandosii'la! I didn't even know this was here. How did I miss this after 3 years? It is amazing what you all have set out to do. I am a beginner in mando'a so get ready for mistakes. (I take it the community already expects this and has no issues with it) I still can't get over this community exists!

Raeth
Verd

Unread post by Raeth » 12 Feb 2014 06:49

Olarom, DuesPo! I am so glad you found us! Don't worry about mistakes. We are all here for the joy of learning about Mando'ade culture and the Mando'a language. There is no 'score' here. We are vode an sharing this together!

If you are interested, you can also join us on Facebook and Twitter:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mandoa.org
Twitter: @MandoaOrg

Oya Manda darasuum!
AN MANDO'AD!

Nuh'shir
Verd

Unread post by Nuh'shir » 16 Feb 2014 22:24

Thank you for the opportunity to learn from some of the best! I've seen the FB page and I love the ideas on it. Vor entye!

Nuh'shir
Verd

Unread post by Nuh'shir » 17 Feb 2014 05:21

Vor'e! I look forward to learning as much as I can from everyone here. I hope to contribute as well.

Kotyc
Verd

Unread post by Kotyc » 18 Feb 2014 08:30

Su'cuy Vode!!! :)

I'm from a group of italians larper (www.swlive.it if you want to have a look)

currently larping a mando'ad from Clan Skirata with some friends, we are still working hard on getting all the proper equipment (crafting a buy'ce which is functional for playing is not easy :) )

I've always used this page as reference and, after the founding of the fb page, i'm also here :) (on fb i'm Rahua Harmonia)

Vor'e for all your hard work!

K'oyacyi :)

Raeth
Verd

Unread post by Raeth » 18 Feb 2014 15:30

Nuh'shir wrote:Vor'e! I look forward to learning as much as I can from everyone here. I hope to contribute as well.
Olarom, Nuh'shir! Glad to have you join us here! Sorry to have been a little slow in greeting you. As you can imagine, Mando'a.org is a bit of a labor of love, and sometimes real life stuff keeps us hopping and trying to find our way back here.

Feel free to join in and contribute! Everyone's participation is what gives Mando'a life! Would love to see what you have to share.

Oya Manda darasuum!
AN MANDO'AD!

Nuh'shir
Verd

Unread post by Nuh'shir » 19 Feb 2014 04:05

Kih'parjai, vod! Mhi an ganar ashi akase!
Kih'parjai, vod! Mhi an ganar ashi akase!

Mai'jisHavocCavdinn
Verd

Unread post by Mai'jisHavocCavdinn » 19 Feb 2014 22:23

Hiya's. I found this off of Facebook. I have been a forum member over on the Mandalorian Mercs for about 5 years or so and a full member for almost 1 year now. I'm as of now the Ruus'alor for the Oregon Merc clan Seron. It's good to see this site up. Now I might be able to speek Mandoa better.

Ashton
Verd

Unread post by Ashton » 20 Feb 2014 02:16

Su cuy'gar! I have to say that I was so excited to find this site! I hope that I can get some help learning the language by having someone to use the language with me! :) looking forward to getting started!

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 21 Feb 2014 18:10

N'eparavu takisi! I've been absent more than I've wanted to be lately. I'm glad to see more new vode joining us here!

@Nuh'shir - Olarom! I hope we prove a valuable resource to bolster your learning!

@Mai'jis - Oya! I trust the bounties are good up in Oregon? Ke'vencuyani tabir!

@Ashton - 'Cuy! We look forward to helping you learn.

@all - We have a Weekly Mando'a Night (usually on Sundays around 2000 EST, but the date/time is flexible and there's no reason not to have more than one). Hit up the thread for a link to the IRC chatroom we have been using. Chat Night is a great way to quickly ramp up your skills by forcing you to translate and/or keep up with (mostly) pure Mando'a discussion. I'll be setting up a bot to maintain a vigilant presence in the room, and I plan to "hang out" there whenever possible to have "open office hours" of a sort.

Raeth
Verd

Unread post by Raeth » 26 Feb 2014 07:44

Mai'jis bal Ashton, olarom, ner vode!

Wow, exciting times to have so many new vode! Like Adi'karta, I've been absent a lot more than I care to be lately. But, should be turning the corner on that, and hope to see you all regularly. Always feel free to message me here or on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/raeth.atinbuir); I really enjoy chatting in Mando'a, about Mando'a, and about the Mando'ade!

@Mai'jis: You're not too far from my old stomping grounds; my parents still live in Washington!
AN MANDO'AD!

Ijaat
Verd'ika

Unread post by Ijaat » 26 Feb 2014 23:38

Hi! The names James a denver nerd and am a complete shiny. I've been really trying to learn man do a but haven't found any good lessons at all whatsoever...... until now! I hope haha I found this site by accident on my hunt for more mando lessons and am really glad I did! This site looks great! Can't wait to start looking at everything!

Burk'yc ca'tra
Verd

Unread post by Burk'yc ca'tra » 27 Feb 2014 21:22

Hello everyone! I hope you won't mind my not greeting you in Mando'a yet, but I'm still quite new to it and a bit too shy at the moment. However, I've been a conscienscious Star Wars fan for a very long time, a 501st member and an active Wookieepedian. As I also happen, to be a fan of phililogy and conlangs, I was long saddened that the GFFA had no really functional language of its own--given that Huttese has no real grammar. This is why I decided to try and learn Mando'a, although Ben Grossblatt's new Sith language would be more my cup of tea! Glad to be here anyway!