To celebrate 100+ Likes on our Facebook page and our growing Mando'a.org community, it is time for our first ever Mando'a.org contest!Here are the 'rules':
1. The contest runs from now until March 23rd, 2014. Winners will be announced March 30th, 2014.
2. This contest is open to anyone that is following us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mandoa.org
or a member here at our forum website http://forum.mandoa.org
from now until the contest closing date.
3. There is no entry fee.
4. A mailing address will be needed to receive prizes.
5. Each entrant should submit a short "Day in the life..." description of themselves in Mando'a between 5 and 10 sentences long. Entries will be judged on originality and, of course, use of Mando'a.
6. Mando'a words from Facebook lessons, our online translator, or our online forums are all acceptable for use. Use of non-Mando'a words for which there is no translation (eg., company names, specific types of food, types of pets, etc.) are acceptable where needed.
7. Entries may be posted here on our Facebook page, on our forum website, or by e-mail submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Entries should include the preferred means by which the entrant can be notified if they win (eg., via e-mail, Facebook message, etc.).
8. The contest is not open to the judging staff (made up of specific members of the Administrators and Content Creators for Mando'a.org).The prizes:
Grand Prize: A T-shirt with the Mando'a.org logo on the front, a coffee mug with the Mando'a.org logo, and a deck of playing cards with the Mando'a.org logo on the backs.
3 Runners-Up: T-shirt with the Mando'a.org logo on the front.
After we announce the winners, we will have the T-shirts printed up in the sizes requested and all prizes sent in April.
OK, so we have no suits of beskar'gam to give away or hyperspace capable spaceships, but we wanted to have a contest with some prizes to show our continued appreciation of our fans and followers.
You have your mission, mhi vode! We wish you all luck and look forward to seeing your submissions!
Part father, part artist, part perpetual student, part gamer, part Japan-o-phile, part contrarian, part instigator, part anthropologist, part blacksmith, part costumer, part food lover, part writer, part adventurer, part eccentric...AN MANDO'AD!