Unsure of where this belongs but translation

For everything not directly related to learning Mando'a.

Unsure of where this belongs but translation

Unread postby Ner Jate'kara » 31 Jul 2017 06:46

Terribly sorry about this im new, this my first post other than intro, i didnt want to place this in the wrong thread so i just put it in off topic so if someone can point me to it thank you.
But since im here i would like to ask you to view this translation and critic it accordingly

this is what i was trying to translate, some words i had to compound and/or edit and some words i just kinda skipped if it wasnt needed.

"In five millennia, the Mandalorians fought with and against a thousand armies on a thousand worlds. They learned to speak as many languages and absorbed weapons technologies and tactics from every wary. And yet, despite the overwhelming influence of alien cultures, and the absence of a true home world and even species, their own language not only survived but changed little; their way of life and their philosophy remained untouched; and their ideals and sense of family, of identity, of nation, were only strengthened. Armor is not what makes a Mandalorian. Armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart." Star Wars Insider #86

I realize that there will be things in here you probably wont understand as i kindof took liberties to make things almost make since to the original, like compounding words, for example, i couldnt find words fro philosophy or ideals so i used "oya'la'haataylyc" or life-seeing which is like outlook on life. (*Edit i just found a list of custom words and it has philosophy in it, "ori'mirdi" but im going to keep this as it is for now*) so just point and ask and ill provide context,

Par she’eta’olan simire, Mando’ade akaani ti bal nu’ti ta’raysholan akaan’ade bal ta’rasholan uvete. Val hiibi joha’e, besbe’trayce, bal akaan’yc’dajun teh anay akaan. Bal su, bantov ori’koti’an aruetyc’be dajun’oya’la, bal ures be veman yaim uvet ra adate, val johan cuyani bal arasuum’la; val dajun’oya’la bal oya’la’haa’taylyc arasuum’la; val oya’la’haataylyc be aliit, be gai, be yaim dralshy’a. Beskar’gam ne’gotal’ur mando’ade. Beskar’gam aliik be dral kar’ta.

can you point out any errors or anything such as that, thank you have a great day.
Shi ner jate'kara
Shi ner jate'kara
Just my luck
Ner Jate'kara
Verd

Re: Unsure of where this belongs but translation

Unread postby Vlet Hansen » 31 Jul 2017 14:31

That's pretty good, actually. I know from experience running into missing words you have to work around is annoying in Mando'a, and you did a decent job of making the meaning work.

We've got translation threads in the canon Mando'a section, by the way.
Shi adate kotep luubid...
Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread postby Ner Jate'kara » 31 Jul 2017 18:02

thank you
Shi ner jate'kara
Shi ner jate'kara
Just my luck
Ner Jate'kara
Verd

Unread postby Ner Jate'kara » 01 Aug 2017 06:13

I cant seem to delete this so if a moderator or something could do that, that would be cool.
Shi ner jate'kara
Shi ner jate'kara
Just my luck
Ner Jate'kara
Verd

Return to Off Topic