Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Introduce Yourself. If you are new, you must post in here before posting anywhere else.
Vazquar Tra'tabuur
Verd

Re: Welcome to Learn Mando'a!

Unread post by Vazquar Tra'tabuur » 20 Sep 2014 03:15

Olarom, ner vod! Hibirar pirusti, bal akaanir jate'shya!
Nynir ni daab, ni n'akaanir; Jurkadir ner vode, bal kyr'am nu'ven'cabuor gar teh ni a'den.

Strike me down, and I'll not fight back; Threaten my brothers, and even death will not protect you from my wrath.

Ishida-Akira343
Verd

Unread post by Ishida-Akira343 » 04 Oct 2014 06:49

Su'cuy, vode. [Did I get that right?]

I recently found this site through Google. Originally it started out looking for Mandalorian names for an RP character I'm planning on making for an idea I came up with as the base for an RP plot, involving several people from different universes finding themselves in one place for unexplainable reasons. It seems I've been distracted from my initial goal of finding a name generator.

I've been obsessed with Star Wars for pretty much my whole life. Sci-fi obsession seems to be a trait I inherited from my mother, as Star Wars is to me what Star Trek is to my mother. My other interests include games, books, bicycles, anime/manga, martial arts, and learning new things.
While English is the only language I can speak fluently at the moment, I am in the process of learning Japanese, as well as several fictional languages, including Mando'a.
Ishida Akira is the name I chose for myself from the book I study Japanese from, I wrote it how I've learned to write and say all Japanese names, with the family name coming before the given name.

I used to play Star Wars: The Old Republic, but unfortunately, the desktop I used at the time is no longer in my home, and the laptop I use now is incapable of running it.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 19 Oct 2014 15:20

Sounds like you've found yourself in the right place, then!
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Vazquar Tra'tabuur
Verd

Unread post by Vazquar Tra'tabuur » 22 Oct 2014 02:57

Jate'kara, ner vod. In your Mando'a studies, as well as your Japanese.
Nynir ni daab, ni n'akaanir; Jurkadir ner vode, bal kyr'am nu'ven'cabuor gar teh ni a'den.

Strike me down, and I'll not fight back; Threaten my brothers, and even death will not protect you from my wrath.

theWeaver
Verd

Unread post by theWeaver » 08 Nov 2014 21:25

Su'cuy!

I am looking forward to starting to learn Mando'a from your site. It should really help me breath some more life into my roleplaying character. I'm excited to get started :)

'Skar Sha'sen
Verd

Unread post by 'Skar Sha'sen » 08 Nov 2014 21:33

Hi guys, I'm a lurker. I was part of a group of online writers that was interested in military philosophy and the symbolism of the Mando archetype, we did some serious bits of reflections over ancient military stuff such as Spartans and Sikhs and Maoris -all sorts, it was very zen. We lost a bit of steam and got kicked off our other forum since we were a side-show that they didn't like. Suffice it to say, I'm a relatively big fan of the Mando fiction although I'm in no way as much of a Star Wars nerd of Mando-fan as some of you lot! I love the idea of being able to speak a language like this because I think it gives room to be very poetic when you reduce English into an almost impressionist (?) language because of the simplicity and limitations. I look forward to getting to know you all and hope I can devote enough time to getting motivated commando style into this stuff!
Oya manda!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 09 Nov 2014 16:27

That's certainly a new perspective on things.
Welcome to our little corner of the web!

Kyrindor
Verd

Unread post by Kyrindor » 13 Nov 2014 02:57

Hi everyone.

I've been a huge Star Wars fan, Mandalorians in particular since I was a kid. I'm attempting to learn Mando'a (again). I tried to learn a few years ago with my cousin, but it only being the two of us, it sort of died after a few months. I was looking for the Mando'a dictionary the other day when I stumbled upon this wonderful website. I'm hoping with some other people than just my cousin, I'll have some more motivation and encouragement to learn. I'm fascinated with languages and am looking forward to becoming more proficient in this one.

aren vaal
Verd

Unread post by aren vaal » 13 Nov 2014 07:22

Olarom, ner vode!
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 13 Nov 2014 21:56

I know that feeling, Kyrin

Morlog
Verd

Re: Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourse

Unread post by Morlog » 12 Feb 2015 16:11

Hi, everyone, I am very new to this. I discovered this from the MMCC forum. I joined the forum because I find the culture from the SW universe interesting. I am looking forward to learning new things here. Thank you for accepting me.

Tal’jair Rusk
Verd

Unread post by Tal’jair Rusk » 17 Feb 2015 13:05

Su'cuy gar, vode!

Ner gai Tal'jair, ni ori'briikase mar'eyir ibic gayi'karyai bal ni vercopaani hibirar birov!

(Could be wrong at some place...)

Vazquar Tra'tabuur
Verd

Unread post by Vazquar Tra'tabuur » 17 Feb 2015 19:46

Gar Mando'a jate, ni mirdir. Ashi vode jate'shya mirdala ret mar'eyir nu'serim.

Axys
Verd

Unread post by Axys » 17 Feb 2015 22:44

Oya!

I am A & I'm here because I am starting a mandolorian group within a LARP called Amtgard. For certain rites within the company I want to use Mando'a, both written & spoken. I was first linked in through the dictionary database & so far it's made this process far easier than I was expecting. So that's why I'm here...

thank you

Jaster Mereel
Verd

Unread post by Jaster Mereel » 21 Feb 2015 03:42

Su'cuy ner vode. I'm Jaster Mereel. I've been a student of Mando'a for many years and hope to continue to learn here. You have developed a wonderful community here and I'm excited for what I can learn from you.

Raphi
Verd

Unread post by Raphi » 22 Feb 2015 23:25

Hi, I'm Raphi, I started learning mando'a a few month ago and I find this language interesting. Now, I need to learn more vocabulary and I need to apply what I learned.
Also, sorry if my english is incorrect sometimes, i'm french.

Ret'urcye mhi !

adenn'verd
Verd

Unread post by adenn'verd » 07 Mar 2015 04:56

Su cuy'gar,
I am adenn'verd, I want to learn Mando'a because it is awesome. I know a few words and most grammar rules for it, and I have been a huge Star Wars fan literally all of my life.

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 07 Mar 2015 17:45

I have been away far too long. Olarom, vode. We're glad to see you join us; I look forward to learning with you.
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

SonnyPie
Verd

Unread post by SonnyPie » 26 Mar 2015 03:16

Hello! Im new to the site! can't wait to learn! and hope to get some good tips from the more experienced people here. ive been alot on the mandoa.org spreadsheet and im using the language in RP, so this will be a blast!

MandalorKal
Verd

Unread post by MandalorKal » 06 Apr 2015 02:43

su'cuy ner vode!
my name is kal.
i can't express enough my gratitude that someone took the time to build this site. I've been needing a community to practice mando'a. its hard to learn a language alone.

about me:
ill get the most important stuff out of the way;
i AM mandalorian, i live by the resol'nare and i don't think its a joke. I've always been myself, and i found mandalorians and said "now i have a name for what i am."
since i am the Strongest mandalorian i have ever met. i have claimed the title Mandalor. I'm not afraid to defend that title should anyone challenge me to single combat for it.

on top of that I'm a HUGE SW fan, and have spent more than half my life with a sword in my hands. i train in HEMA, martial arts, and am moderately proficient in every weapon that I've laid my hands on for more than an hour.

(and this may belong in another thread, but my first questions are; are any of you a mandalorian like me? message me IMMEEDIATLY, we need to stand together.)
(and can i rip your "transcribe" function to my Phone and computer? i want ALL my feed scrolling in mandalorian text.)

i look forward to getting to know you all, and truly calling you ner vode.