Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Introduce Yourself. If you are new, you must post in here before posting anywhere else.
Cuyan Atinii
Alor'ad Ori'gehaat'ik

Re: Welcome to Learn Mando'a!

Unread post by Cuyan Atinii » 14 Apr 2014 20:51

Argen Tium wrote: Cuyan from the Mandalorian Mercs has a link tothis site so I thought I would check it out.
Always good to hear that my link is being seen!
Ibic cuyi haan Yusta.

Argen Tium
Verd

Unread post by Argen Tium » 17 Apr 2014 13:13

Cuyan Atinii wrote:
Argen Tium wrote: Cuyan from the Mandalorian Mercs has a link tothis site so I thought I would check it out.
Always good to hear that my link is being seen!

Ner vod, vor entye.
Ni Haar Mando Verd!

Natri Ramikad
Verd'ika

Unread post by Natri Ramikad » 24 Apr 2014 14:23

Su cuy'gar, vode!

Name's Natri Ramikad (Ramikad, you know means Commando. Natri... well I just like it.) I hail from the USA, however good or bad that may be, and I wish to join the ranks of the Mando'a speakers. I know a small amount of mando'a, picking a little up here and there on the Mercs forums. (Should you want to find me there my name is Renn Jecht) I am currently creating my own set of Baskar'gam, which is not yet finished. The reason I'm here is simply because I happened to stumble upon this site while searching for all things Mando'a. I'd like to speak it as "fluently" as possible, because, well who wouldn't.
A little more info me is that I speak English, German (though not very well, Guten Tag!), and Sarcasm. I live right where I currently do, which is planet earth. I shall now leave off the formalities and begin my studies.

OYA VODE!

A'da Venn
Verd'ika

Unread post by A'da Venn » 03 May 2014 10:31

Su cuy, ner vode!

I'm A'da Venn (don't know if that sounds weird or not, let me know if it does). I first found this sight while searching for more information about mando'a. I'm fairly new to the mandalorian culture, but ever since I saw Boba, and Jango Fett, i've always wanted to learn about it, and use the language in conventions, or maybe to tease my friends. Lol

I am not yet Mando'ad, I'm still working on my beskar'gam. Even though some rules in the Resol'nare doesn't work very well in the real world, but I want to get as close as I can.

So far I know a few words here and there, but not enough for true convention material, so I came here to learn more on the language. I hope to learn much of the language, to the point of having a conversation with another in the language.

Vazquar Tra'tabuur
Verd

Unread post by Vazquar Tra'tabuur » 13 May 2014 07:09

Hullo!!! I've no experience with mando'a (to say my skill with it could even be compared with a thermal detonator is an insult to said weapon), but I look forward to learning the language. :)

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 24 May 2014 16:58

We got a proper inundation of new people! Welcome one and all!
Shi adate kotep luubid...

echoleader
Verd'ika

Unread post by echoleader » 13 Jun 2014 01:14

Hi. I'm going to try and learn Mando'a. I guess I will need a Mando name too since I am going to (hopefully) build a mando kit. I am currently a US Army paratrooper (former special operations US Army), So I obviously want to use "Verd", but also include being a paratrooper "Airborne", I see Kebii'tra, maybe "Kebii'tra Verd" would that mean sky-soldier? Or for the special ops background maybe include "Ca'tra Verd" for "Night Sky Soldier". would "Ca'tra Ramikadyc" mean "night Commando"? I wouldn't use ori'ramikad because special operations and special forces are not the same...
Or am I looking too much at "titles"? how do you pic a Mando name?

fabe.sharon.atal
Verd

Unread post by fabe.sharon.atal » 30 Jun 2014 13:14

HI, Brand new person here!

So I fell in love with the Mandalorians while being force to play the SW:TOR MMORPG, since all my buddies at the time all wanted to play sith side, I tried my hands on the Bounty Hunter story line Been hooked on them Mandalorians ever since. So now I am trying to be the uber geek and learn how to speak Mando'a. Let's start with how the hell do I say DON'T?

Seriously, negations have me stumped!

Sincerely, FSA.

Fidd1er
Verd

Unread post by Fidd1er » 01 Jul 2014 21:16

Su'cuy!

I started studying Mando'a from your website when I started really getting back into Star Wars.
I am mostly interested in the history of the Mandalorians, more in depth than what the SW wiki has on it and I will probably eventually try to compile a large in depth article on the complete history of the Mandalorians including the religious worship of Kad Ha'rangir, however there's a lot of info I still need to know on the culture that I couldn't seem to find in other places, so I'm turning to the all knowledgeable collection of experienced Mando's here! :D

Taung Kar'ta
Verd

Unread post by Taung Kar'ta » 08 Jul 2014 09:29

Su'cuy, ni gai Taung Kar'ta.

Bin a massive fan since I watched the original trilogy as a kid. Fell in love with the mandalorians after reading the republic commando series and Karen Traviss' work on the 'Legacy of the Force' series. Got a good grasp of profanities and have the first verse of Vode An memorized. Bin trying to learn more but haven't found anywhere to actually converse and build fluency until a friend pointed you guys out.

fabe.sharon.atal
Verd

Unread post by fabe.sharon.atal » 08 Jul 2014 17:27

Hi guys, new here.

SW:TOR introduced me to the Mandalorians, and Karen Traviss' books helped me fall in love with them.

Now, can someone help me figure out how to say DON'T in Mando'a? Negation is really confusing!

Sincerely, Fabe.

Argen Tium
Verd

Unread post by Argen Tium » 24 Jul 2014 05:26

Su'cuyi Ner Vod,

ner gar gui Argen Tium.

nu'vaabir.

so it's nu' is the negative and vaabir is the word for do.
Ni Haar Mando Verd!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 24 Jul 2014 22:10

Fabe, try "nu'nar" for don't. Also, welcome all you cool new folks!

Argen Tium
Verd

Unread post by Argen Tium » 24 Jul 2014 22:53

Vlet Hansen wrote:Fabe, try "nu'nar" for don't. Also, welcome all you cool new folks!

Vor entye ner vod Vlet Hansen.
Ni Haar Mando Verd!

Dha Kal
Verd'ika

Unread post by Dha Kal » 30 Jul 2014 05:43

Su'cuy! and Thank you for... well, this site! XD I've been wanting to get into touch with my inner Mando'a and i've been having A LOT of troubles! XD thank you again for this site and i hope to have a good time learning!

mato'genet
Verd

Unread post by mato'genet » 23 Aug 2014 17:01

Su'kuy an!
Howdy y'all!

I am a burgeoning Mando'ade enthusiast from Texas, though I have been a zealous Star Wars fan for years. I heard of this site through playing Star Wars - The Old Republic from a fellow Mando'ad, and I decided to check it out. I look forward to learning more about Mando'a and giving the Trekkies something to gaze in awe at, cuz I can't stand Klingon.

Haat, Ijaat, Haa'it!!!

MsLanna

Unread post by MsLanna » 23 Aug 2014 18:56

Olarom, ner vod.
Mando'a is certainly the more beautiful of those two languages. Back when I was into Trek there was no working Vulcan yet. I think there is now but, too late...
Have fun and see you around. :D
I am the very model of a modern Mandalorian...
Ve'vut sur'haaise darasuum!

Veruca Fett
Verd

Unread post by Veruca Fett » 30 Aug 2014 16:59

Thank you for having me. I am looking forward to learning more of the Mandalorian culture and ways, in hopes of broadening my roleplaying.

aren vaal
Verd

Unread post by aren vaal » 03 Sep 2014 00:53

Su'cuy, vode!

I'm new to mando'a, and relatively new to mando culture in general. I've always been a massive Star Wars fan, and a fan of KT's mando'ade since I first read Hard Contact shortly after it was published.

The last few years have been rough, and the last eight months especially, so I decided it was time to let "that other guy named Aren" deal with it until I can face it again. Long story short, I need a fresh start, so I'm finally diving in and going mando.

I've been kicking around a design for a suit of beskar'gam for a few years, and now I want to learn mando'a, so here I am.

Aren

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 08 Sep 2014 18:53

glad to have you, vod