Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Introduce Yourself. If you are new, you must post in here before posting anywhere else.
Cin Vhetin
Verd

Re: Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Unread post by Cin Vhetin » 30 Mar 2020 23:32

Su'cuy Atin!
Jate haa'taylir gar.
Olarom, bal k'emuuri ca'nara.
Tra'cyar mav!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 31 Mar 2020 23:49

Olarom! mando skraan jatne
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Shah'kyr'am viszla
Verd

Unread post by Shah'kyr'am viszla » 06 Apr 2020 06:09

Su’cuy ner vode. Ni shah’kyr’am viszla. It’s nice to meet all of you! My main goal here is to learn mando’a and hopefully meet new people and help others in learning mando’a!

Kalska Nubu
Verd

Unread post by Kalska Nubu » 07 Apr 2020 08:35

Su'cuy an, I'm Kalska Nubu. I've been kicking around the Mando'ade communities for almost six years now, originally on the MMCC boards after a debate with a friend led to research and research to discovering a whole new world and way of life, as well as this wonderful language.

I'm an amateur linguist, and outside of my native English and Mando'a, I have a decent grasp on German and Latin, and a little each of Italian, Spanish, Russian, and Icelandic, plus the absolute basics of modern Greek, modern Hebrew, Croatian, and Gaelic. Languages, communication, and cryptography have been a fascinating subject for me since my first second language class way back in high school, though I've somehow managed to avoid any and all professional instruction pertaining to it, outside of a few psychology classes.

Anyways, I look forward to working more on my favourite hobby in the universe here!

Mereel Kestan
Verd

Unread post by Mereel Kestan » 19 Apr 2020 02:18

Su'cuy Vode. Ner Gai Mereel Kestan. I am learning Mando'a, and am trying to become more of a Mando in my own personal life. I have read the Karen Travis books, and a few others that deal with Mandos. I have been in this culture for 9 years and hope to continue.

Cin Vhetin
Verd

Unread post by Cin Vhetin » 20 Apr 2020 12:41

Olarom an evaar ehn, Shah'kyr'am Viszla, Kalska Nubu bal Mereel Kestan.
Vercopaani, gar emuuri ca'nara olar, bal ven cuyi vode!
Tra'cyar mav!

rogue.ascendancy
Verd

Unread post by rogue.ascendancy » 24 Apr 2020 02:00

Su'cuy! My name's Vessa'lon'irke but you can just call me Aloni. I've been trying to get into Mando culture for a while and working on building my armour (currently in the design phase. Hopefully the building will begin soon). With this quarantine, I figured what better time to learn Mando'a than right now?! I mean, I need something to do!

Anyways, hi, I'm Aloni, a Chiss Mandalorian just here trying to better my Mando'a while I'm stuck at home for who knows how long.

Oya!

MiniMaelstrom
Verd

Unread post by MiniMaelstrom » 08 May 2020 04:34

Su'cuy! I'm MiniMaelstrom, or Mini. I've recently become interested in the sheer depth of Mando'a (the culture, the language, the way things have clearly developed well above and beyond the canon). This is me just dipping my feet in, to be honest - I don't know how well I'm going to be able to learn, as languages beyond English (in spite of all my efforts) have never been a strong suit. But I'm more than willing to try!

ForceJudgement
Verd

Unread post by ForceJudgement » 13 May 2020 14:05

Su'cuy gar vode! You can call me Seya. I first got exposed to Mando'a through swimming through prequel fanfiction. I'm also an avid learner of languages. When I found out that Star Wars had its own conlang, I had to jump in. I haven't read a lot of EU books, like the Republic Commando books, and I'm more focused on canon. However, with the help of this forum, I'll be able to jump in the culture and language of Mandalor, with the Mandalorian series having a new season coming soon!

(I really hope they incorporate Mandalorian culture, fingers crossed)

Oya, ner'vod!

T H E V O I D
Verd

Unread post by T H E V O I D » 01 Jun 2020 03:26

Su'cuy vode!

The name's Blu, though I also go by Void. Like others I've seen in this thread, I got interested in Mando'a through Clone Wars and Prequels fanfiction involving the clones, then I started watching The Mandalorian with a couple friends and am even more eager to embrace the culture and language. Complete shiny here, to borrow the clone term, but with luck and practice I'll start to pick things up soon enough. Maybe even eventually make myself some armor! That sounds like a great project.

Anyway, glad to meet everyone. This seems to be a friendly community and I hope to make some great friends here!

Jate'kara to all,
Blu

Cin Vhetin
Verd

Unread post by Cin Vhetin » 06 Jun 2020 17:56

Su'cuy evaar vode! Kih ca'nara nu moruta oshokite.
Jii sirbu: Olarom an!
Tra'cyar mav!

brala
Verd

Unread post by brala » 17 Jun 2020 20:31

Su'cuy! I'm a relatively new fan of Clone Wars and fell in love with Duchess Satine (a traitor, I'm sure, to some) and the dichotomy between the traditional Mandalorians and the New Mandalorians. I love learning ancient and modern languages (though I *still* can't speak any other than English), and it excites me that there's so much material and cohesion in Mando'a and other Star Wars languages (I'm also a huge fan of the Stargate tv shows, but unfortunately, they put very little care into the cohesion of their constructed languages).

Sho'cye
Verd

Unread post by Sho'cye » 03 Jul 2020 05:06

Su'cuy burc'yase.

Ni evaar'la, rumiit’haa’tayli Republic Commando miit'bine bal ru'hibira Mando'a cuyi oya'la joha. Ni briikase cuyir olar, oya!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 06 Jul 2020 23:57

olarom!
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Nika
Verd

Unread post by Nika » 11 Jul 2020 06:35

Su'cuy vode, call me Nika. I always use the dictionary here for making up some mandalorian character names, but I’m just now discovering that there was a forum here too! I’m excited to learn mando’a and discuss it with others :)

Cin Vhetin
Verd

Unread post by Cin Vhetin » 14 Jul 2020 10:38

Olarom, Nika! Mando'a urakto, al nuhunla
Tra'cyar mav!

Spork
Verd

Unread post by Spork » 15 Jul 2020 23:45

Howdy all,

I stumbled in here, as I was trying to formulate my clan last name based on my new sigil...

I'm finishing up my armor and would like a proper name.

I'll give you some of my suggestions...we'll see if anyone can figure out what I'm trying to say, then I'll post a picture!

Pir'senaar
Senaarpir or Senaar'pir
Sho'naar
Keldab'naar
Jatisyc'naar

Tessa_Grey
Verd

Unread post by Tessa_Grey » 19 Jul 2020 21:20

Su'cuy!

My name is Tessalia and I'm afraid I have been bitten by the Mando bug well over a year ago. Combine that with my general interest in languages, and here you go.

Cin Vhetin
Verd

Unread post by Cin Vhetin » 21 Jul 2020 11:23

Olarom, Spork! Emuuri Sho'naar, al ne lise suvarir gar Sigil. Ni pare haa'taylir sur'gaan!

Olarom, Tessa, balyc. Naasad jorbe edeemir lalat; an mhi aala ibac!
Tra'cyar mav!

F6Echo
Verd

Unread post by F6Echo » 08 Aug 2020 04:29

Su'cuy!

I found my way here by accident - but of good luck! I like to learn, but comeing here has made a big difference here! I learn much here, of course!

Unitl next time!