Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Introduce Yourself. If you are new, you must post in here before posting anywhere else.
Kebiin
Verd

Re: Welcome to Learn Mando'a!

Unread post by Kebiin » 18 Jul 2012 17:59

Su'cuy anade!
Ni gai Kebiin. Ni cuyi evaar'la bah Mando'a a ni copaani hibirar joha. Ni copaani jorhaa'ir ti burc'ya Mando'ade.
Ni ceta par ner jorhaa.
Vor'e.

adennkad013
Verd

Unread post by adennkad013 » 30 Aug 2012 17:52

Su'cuy, vod'e.

Ner gai Adenn.

(transition to Basic)

I am a fan fiction writer (mostly R\IC) who stumbled across this site while looking for new Mando'a words for some of the stories I love to write, and new ways of using pre-existing words. So far, having read a lot of posts before deciding to sign up, I have found it entertaining and enlightening.

(back to Mando'a)

Ret

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 30 Aug 2012 19:39

@Kebiin:
Olarom!
Kih'parjai cetar dush suvarir Mando'a; ni ures suvarir Mando'a balyc, bal ni al'verde ibic me'sen!
Gedet'ye emuurir hibirar tome. Ni briikase haa'taylir ori'sol evaar'la verde.

@Adenn:
Olarom! I'm glad to hear you found our forum so compelling as to join up. You may notice two things:
1. I'm not around too often. (I get notifications of replies, though, and try to respond within a day or two.)
2. I'm very bad at Mando'a. (I created the translator and migrated MsLanna's Mando'a forum over here to create a cohesive community with the hopes that it would compel me to learn more Mando'a. Real life had other plans. :| )
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 17 Sep 2012 16:21

Jate'tuur, vode, ner gai Vlet.

I'm a long-time fan, and the other day I was searching around for exactly this kind of place, looking for some proper Mando'a!

Vercopa gar jate'vencuyot!

Gehat'ikJorhaa
Verd

Unread post by Gehat'ikJorhaa » 23 Sep 2012 19:49

Hello there, and I'm new here too. I know more mando'a than all of my vod, (that I know around my town, anyways) and I'm pretty darn good at mando'a, and I love a challenge! Nice to johaa'it su'cuy to someone that knows what it means!

Sem
Verd

Unread post by Sem » 18 Nov 2012 01:06

Su'cuy!

My name is Sem, I am form the Netherlands.
I aspire to live my live the Mandalorian way, in terms of a honorable life with duties to my family and friends.
This ofcourse means that I have to learn Mando'a , which is why I am here.
I hope I can learn from you guys!

Ret!

Falkenauge
Verd

Unread post by Falkenauge » 15 Jan 2013 23:26

Su'cuy gar vode, I'm Falkenauge.

I am an avid reader of Karen Traviss and a lover of the Mandalorians. I came to find this place stalking online for Mando'a guides. The dictionary is wonderful, and the forums are filled with great learning advice and a bunch of friendly people. Even though my siblings criticize me for wanting to learn a fictional language instead of something meaningful, nevertheless, I'm here. My experience in Mando'a is very limited, other than knowing a few phrases and curse words.

I'm looking forward to learning, and perhaps chatting with some of you :)

K'oyacyi!

Kael Galaar
Verd

Unread post by Kael Galaar » 18 Apr 2013 08:00

Su'cuy vod'e!

I'm Kael. I'm a huge SW fan, recently stumbled across this site, and decided I wanted to study Mando'a, so here I am :) I don't know much yet but I'm ready to learn!

The King of Lame
Verd

Unread post by The King of Lame » 05 Aug 2013 11:59

Su'cuy gar, vode an!
Me'vaar ti gar?

If I was addressing everyone would it be "Me'vaar ti gar'an" or would just having "an" suffice?

I digress, my name is John and I am the King of Lame.
Though I currently do not have a Mando name till I do I suppose you can just call me Lame or John.
So now that my name is out of the way I'd like to say I've been using this dictonary for almost a year now and never clicked on the forum.
I am actually surprised that the forum is still active, I had a fear that it had died due to the age of the posts I have read.

Well to get this show on the road, I am happy to say that I am in search of more people that enjoy the use of Mando'a and the Resol'nare.
While I am lacking in the Resol'nare at the moment, I noticed upon my reading of "Hard Contact" I had, in a way, been living similar to that of the Mando'ade.
Realising this I wanted to do more research and fell more and more in love with it.

So I have come looking for assistance in furthering my love and understanding of what it truely means to be Mandokarla.

I look forward to getting the chance to get to know you all more.
K'oyacyi, vode an.

The King of Lame
Verd

Unread post by The King of Lame » 05 Aug 2013 12:01

Su'cuy gar, vode an!
Me'vaar ti gar?

If I was addressing everyone would it be "Me'vaar ti gar'an" or would just having "an" suffice?

I digress, my name is John and I am the King of Lame.
Though I currently do not have a Mando name till I do I suppose you can just call me Lame or John.
So now that my name is out of the way I'd like to say I've been using this dictonary for almost a year now and never clicked on the forum.
I am actually surprised that the forum is still active, I had a fear that it had died due to the age of the posts I have read.

Well to get this show on the road, I am happy to say that I am in search of more people that enjoy the use of Mando'a and the Resol'nare.
While I am lacking in the Resol'nare at the moment, I noticed upon my reading of "Hard Contact" I had, in a way, been living similar to that of the Mando'ade.
Realising this I wanted to do more research and fell more and more in love with it.

So I have come looking for assistance in furthering my love and understanding of what it truely means to be Mandokarla.

I look forward to getting the chance to get to know you all more.
K'oyacyi, vode an.

KensokuT10
Verd

Unread post by KensokuT10 » 23 Aug 2013 20:06

Olarom, Kael! Welcome to the group.

Balyc, su'cuy anade! Me vaar ti gar?
"Gar tal'din ni jaonyc, gar sa buir ori'wadas'la."

KensokuT10
Verd

Unread post by KensokuT10 » 23 Aug 2013 22:55

@King John - actually, just "me vaar ti gar" suffices, since gar applies to plural as well.
Another possibility is "me vaar ti anade" but i'm not sure if that's in usage or even correct.

Anyway, olarom! Welcome to the group.
"Gar tal'din ni jaonyc, gar sa buir ori'wadas'la."

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 24 Aug 2013 15:05

Olarom at an!
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Jiet Luboi
Verd

Unread post by Jiet Luboi » 30 Aug 2013 05:18

Su cuy ner vode! I have had this site on my favorites bar for the translator for a while now but just today I decided to take a look at the forums. I've been wanting a Mando community to be a part of ever since I became enthralled with Maondo'ade. about all the Mando'a I know by heart is the Resol'nare rhyme and I'm in the middle of memorizing "Vode An" from "SW Republic Commando". I'm excited to really get started on learning Mando'a. btw, do you guys have a facebook page yet?

sejemaset
Verd

Unread post by sejemaset » 17 Sep 2013 08:56

Su cuy'gar anade!

Ner gai Sejemaset.

Ni geroya eyn geroya ru'gai "Star Wars Combine" vaii ni cuyi Mando.

"I play a game called Star Wars Combine where I am Mandalorian."

I used the past tense ru along with name "gai" to get called and had to use geroya for play as well as game but I think that came out pretty well. Anyway people that play Mandalorians in the game and really focus on truly doing so end up having to create new words constantly so when I bothered to look at the forums for this site and saw there was a thread about new words I had to join. Hopefully I can find a word for "them" that is better than the "ori'adate" that has been getting used.

sejemaset
Verd

Unread post by sejemaset » 17 Sep 2013 20:59

Su'cuy,

I thought I posted yesterday but didn't see it here so I'm posting again.

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 09 Oct 2013 03:45

I apologize to anyone who slipped through the cracks here. I haven't been receiving notifications of new posts requiring approval (we had quite a few spambot issues in the early days on this board, hence the ridiculous manual security). I'll be checking in more frequently to make sure first-time posters don't get blocked. O_o
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

Vlade
Verd

Unread post by Vlade » 09 Oct 2013 06:42

Su'cuy!

Long time mando fan here. I had at one point, all the Traviss stuff on my computer, but when I went looking for it today it was nowhere to be found. And in my explorations of the web today in search of the files, I found you vode and this awesome forum! My mando'a is pretty much non-existent, but hopefully that will change quickly! I just recently began on a quest to join the 501st as an Imperial Guard and at the same time i'm planning and gathering resources for my next costume for the Mando Mercs! In my enthusiasm for all things star wars, I learned the Aurebesh alphabet a couple weeks ago and as I've been practicing writing that, I have been wishing that there was a spoken form I could learn... and then i remembered my mando'a cache! So here I am! I know that it will take some work, but I am prepared to do this!

Thanks for being part of this awesome community to help out "shinies" (hehe, slang EVERYWHERE) like me!

Vlade
(I have yet to get a proper name. Mayhaps you guys could help suggest things based off vlade?)

Vlade
Verd

Unread post by Vlade » 09 Oct 2013 07:05

Well, I had this nice long introduction, I thought I hit submit, and then it all disappeared.... *facepalm*

Su'cuy!

Here's the short version:
I've been working on a 501st imperial guard this year. I'm getting close to finishing, so I started to plan my next project: Mando Mercs.

I love SW, so I learned the aurebesh alphabet last week. I was wishing it was a spoken language, then remembered my old (2009) mando'a files!
during additional research today, I found you guys!

Thanks for being awesome and having a community where i can come to learn this stuff!
Vlade.
(and I don't have a real good mando name yet, so maybe you guys can help me here too)

OriVerda
Verd

Unread post by OriVerda » 28 Oct 2013 20:36

Hello fellow Mando'ad vode.

I was looking at some old passwords and accounts I had and uncovered I had an account here. Can't exactly remember why but oh well.

Well since I'm here I can ask two questions I've always wondered (or do I need to make a topic for that? (Third questionception!)).
Firstly, anyone here know any good and original songs? I seem to remember a brilliant song on the clan page of the Champions of Mandalore but sadly the site is down.

My second question is on how to make a singular word plural?
Vod means brother (as probably everyone here knows), add an "e" and it becomes brothers.
Yet the word for warriors "verda" ends with an "a".

Please pardon my bad comprehension of the language. It is not my native tongue.