Ethics, morals, and empathy?

Discuss concepts of Mandalorian culture and lifestyle here.
Ko'rizna Falco
Verd

Ethics, morals, and empathy?

Unread post by Ko'rizna Falco » 26 Mar 2019 02:29

So I do not claim to be even well versed in any of this and so I have some questions.

I know the Mandalorian culture is known to be most closely related to a warrior culture. Constantly at war and the religious system seems to stem from that attitude. But I also know that "Mandalorian" is a culture more than it is a species or people. So this leads me to ask was the overarching culture one of acceptance? What were the moral standards beyond Resol'nare? and could the empathy of a mandalorian extend to the belief of a soul within non-sentient beings?

I am crafting a beast hunter/sniper but I also draw heavily from worldly primitive cultures and the belief that all is connected not just the sentient. I was wondering if you folks thought that this might exist in some of those in the mandalorian culture?

Void
Verd

Void

Unread post by Void » 29 Mar 2019 04:22

Void
Last edited by Void on 15 Dec 2019 06:59, edited 1 time in total.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Re: Ethics, morals, and empathy?

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 04 Apr 2019 02:09

It's all a hunt. Mandalorian philosophy, especially the older stuff, is deeply rooted in the natural conflict. They respect other species in general, but given the fact that respect is correlated with challenge and conflict, that expression might take on unusual expressions, such as hunting the mythosaurs.

It also heavily depends on what element of society you encounter, when asking about their morals. Average agrarian types on a rimworld aren't significantly different from any other hardy settler type, but when you look at the more hardcore mercenary/crusader type, you'll tend to get more of the hardliner "reject Arasuum at all costs" strife-seekers. They'll be more vicious, though it's not necessarily out of a lack of respect.
Shi adate kotep luubid...