Applying Our Culture Practically

Discuss concepts of Mandalorian culture and lifestyle here.

Re: Applying Our Culture Practically

Unread postby Linebeck » 19 Sep 2017 19:29

Aarlaya wrote:
Ruus wrote:Random question, has anyone trained their dog to only respond to commands in Mando'a?

I was going to try to train my dog in German, but kept accidentally defaulting to Mando'a. I didn't get very far though, since the neighbours took my dog... :ugh:

I made a thread for that actually.
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Family is more than bloodline
Linebeck
Verd

Unread postby Linebeck » 19 Sep 2017 19:30

BlackSwordKirito wrote:If you wouldn't mind posting those pics, I'd love to see them. I intend to make my own set of beskar'gam sometime this year, and I would love to have the specs from an authentic(ish) set to base m own design off of.

I seem to have misplaced the, but I'll look.
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Family is more than bloodline
Linebeck
Verd

Unread postby Aarlaya » 25 Oct 2017 03:55

Here's a couple questions sort of relevant in the face of discussing marriage and the like:
Which partner leaves his/her clan to go to the other's? Do you keep your clan name or take your partner's? Who decides which name your children will have?
may my mind stroll about hungry and fearless and thirsty and supple~ e e cummings
Aarlaya
Verd

Unread postby Kad Tracyn » 28 Oct 2017 16:52

Aarlaya wrote:Here's a couple questions sort of relevant in the face of discussing marriage and the like:
Which partner leaves his/her clan to go to the other's? Do you keep your clan name or take your partner's? Who decides which name your children will have?

In Legends, couples did not appear to take the name of either one. Mirta Ghev remained Mirta Ghev when she married Ghes Orade.

In Canon, according to Dave Filoni (Rebels' Recon season 3), the person who marries into the clan of higher status takes that clan name. So if the man marries a woman who belongs to a clan of a higher status than the man's, he takes her clan name. (As happened with Sabine Wren's father; her mother was the Wren, and her father married into the clan. However, we still don't know if his name actually changed.)

I don't know how the child's name would work, though.
Kad Tracyn
Verd

Previous

Return to Mandalorian Culture