Mandalorian Time System

All discussion regarding new words should go here.
yatenari
Verd

Re: Mandalorian Time System

Unread post by yatenari » 05 Mar 2018 20:33

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. I looked again at the clock (and I noted that there seems to be something wrong with the watch hand anyway ...) and on the clockface it should be properly shown if I understand correctly. The first watch "ends" when the numerical/digital time reaches "01:##:##:##", so anything beyond is part of the second watch.

Concerning the calendar, I was going based on the prior ordering of days/months/season per year, since it is a bit easier to convert to and from (the Coruscant calendar would be trickier, but if the fete days and weeks would be the point where leap days occur, it's not that difficult - the leap days would be at the end of the year which makes all calculations a bit easier). I have a working conversion for the dates themselves for the 12-month-year including leap days based on the rules of the Gregorian calendar for leap years, so I only need to figure out the weekdays (and in that regard, have a "starting" point I can measure my calculations against). Mapping the weekdays 1:1 against our system would be fairly easy - but a five-day-week would be more challenging. The question is, what is more useful, especially if it is supposed to be something that can be used outside of Star Wars.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 06 Mar 2018 02:54

I mean, the day would start at 01:00:00:00 and end at 08:12:30:30

I'm thinking of it as a shift schedule or something. Like, first shift through eighth shift, not as a stopwatch starting at zero. But that's more my opinion on it, and it's a highly subjective thing at the moment.
Shi adate kotep luubid...

yatenari
Verd

Unread post by yatenari » 11 Mar 2018 10:23

I have to say that I really don't know about shifts and schedules starting at 1 instead of 0, because all the time keeping I know with digital clocks start at 00:00 (thus, midnight). Still, I have included the option for the digital time shown to be set to start at 1 instead of 0 (via an option field next to the "run" button). I tried to fix the small issue with the watch hand.

Also, this time I've included a first version of the calendar (starting at the 1st of winter, thus 1.12. instead of 1.1.) and with a 5-day-week - after I figured out a way to determine the weekday, everything else became easy. I have not yet included calendar weeks since I am still figuring out how to implement them (especially since there are different ways to determine the first calendar week).
Attachments
MandoTime.zip
(807.11 KiB) Downloaded 129 times