Allied healthcare professional

Discussion of extensions to the Mando'a core grammar and suggestion of new word roots.
Disclaimer: This is all derivative fan-made material.
Cathul Thuku
Verd

Allied healthcare professional

Unread post by Cathul Thuku » 22 Aug 2016 16:14

Here's a word I found somewhere in some Mando roleplay where my character places a request for a beskar'kandar despite being a Witch that would normally not order a beskar'kandar: baat'kaysh (lit. one who cares). The beskar'gam smith claimed that he never saw a therapist in his life, and he never saw a therapist on his own planet, but there was no word for therapist in mando'a before that word came up.

I proceeded afterward to say that patients' trust in their baat'kayshs (or baat'kayshe) was pretty fickle, and psychotherapy in particular seemed to depend on whether the patient (and the therapist) was Force-sensitive. But also that, in the definition of a baat'kaysh all manners of allied healthcare professions were seemingly included into the definition of a baat'kaysh.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Re: Allied healthcare professional

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 24 Aug 2016 03:53

personally, I'd think baat'ad would be easier to say and more accurate, but I really like the meaning behind it.
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Cathul Thuku
Verd

Unread post by Cathul Thuku » 24 Aug 2016 20:14

Maybe baat'ad would designate specifically the profession of therapist, while baat'kaysh would designate the whole spectrum of allied healthcare professionals...

Tal’jair Rusk
Verd

Unread post by Tal’jair Rusk » 14 Nov 2016 10:22

I proposed a word jah'ad for 'doctor', from jahaal (health).
Tal'jair Rusk
Te tuur tal jai o'r dha ca...

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 15 Nov 2016 08:34

That seems a bit more logical for doctor, perhaps baat'ad would be more like therapist?
Shi adate kotep luubid...