Online Meeting (?) - Either Voice or Text

Planning parties, meetups, get-togethers, roleplays, or study-buddies happens here.
Adi'karta
Admin

Re: Online Meeting (?) - Either Voice or Text

Unread post by Adi'karta » 11 Mar 2014 17:37

We have a Weekly Mando'a Chat Night most Sundays around 7PM Eastern Time (USA). Beyond that, we have the Mando'a.Org Facebook page and Twitter, and I'm sure most of us have some form of IM. I use Skype and Google Hangouts on a daily basis, and I have AIM and Yahoo IM as well.
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

Raeth
Verd

Unread post by Raeth » 12 Mar 2014 10:24

Ashton wrote:Are the weekly meetings still happening? I would like to text someone on maybe yahoo or aim, so that I can get some one on one help with the language. I have read over a lot of the forums, but things aren't clicking that well for me. I am always one that learns better by using the language, but I don't know anyone in my area to talk to me in it. Would anyone be willing to chat with me occasionally to help me out? (sorry if this is off topic, i have never used a forum before I am not really sure how it works.) Thank so much!
This is a perfectly fine thread for your request. Like Adi'karta said, we have weekly scheduled chats, but a lot of us have other chat options available if you need more frequent help or just want a chat partner.

Like Adi'karta, I also have Skype. I also use Facebook Messenger and kik on my phone for more immediate messaging. Just let us know what works for you, and we can certainly work something out to chat with you in Mando'a.

Oya!
Part father, part artist, part perpetual student, part gamer, part Japan-o-phile, part contrarian, part instigator, part anthropologist, part blacksmith, part costumer, part food lover, part writer, part adventurer, part eccentric...
AN MANDO'AD!

MsLanna

Unread post by MsLanna » 25 Mar 2014 19:05

Adi'karta wrote:We have a Weekly Mando'a Chat Night most Sundays around 7PM Eastern Time (USA).
But that's UTC-5 isn't it? Makes it 1am from where I sit. Darasuum solus. XD
Ah, well. Mirdala vode lise mar'eyir ner gai o'r skype. Ke'miit'gana o'r Mando'a bal ni ven'majyci gar. :yay:
Ni mirdi. XD
I am the very model of a modern Mandalorian...
Ve'vut sur'haaise darasuum!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 23 May 2014 17:54

I'm gonna be online a lot this weekend, I'm always available for google hangouts, skype, whathaveyou

~Te Maan Joh'ad Ast
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 24 May 2014 05:31

I'm online on Google Hangouts all the time, and I'm frequently on Skype as well (though under my real-life name -- PM me if you want to add me on Skype).

@MsLanna -- Indeed, our time difference is quite an obstacle. That said, if you can deal with the 5-hour difference, I'll make myself available via normal channels during the day. I speak relatively frequently with a longtime friend in Sweden, who should be in the same timezone as you. Though he might have a less-healthy sleep schedule than you do. :)

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 11 Sep 2014 01:08

Anyone still around right now? We seem to have spurts of activity, but I haven't seen anyone in the chat lately...

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 15 Sep 2014 01:58

I used to load up the chat every day just in case, and was working on a bot who could sit in the IRC channel and send notifications to anyone who subscribed for them when people were online; things then got super busy at work and it kinda fell off my to-do list. :(

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 15 Sep 2014 17:26

eh, I know how it goes. I'm going to be gone for much of the next eight months, myself. I'll hopefully still have chances to egt on every once in a while...

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 06 Dec 2014 00:26

so, I'm also on skype under this name. Anyone can add me, I'm often available for a call or just a chat.

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 09 Nov 2015 16:38

Friendly reminder that I'm vlet.hansen on skype and I have plenty of spare time to chat.

I only have one other person on skype who speaks any mando'a and I'm always happy to practice, just hit me up.