Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Introduce Yourself. If you are new, you must post in here before posting anywhere else.
Vlet Hansen
Verd

Re: Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourse

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 17 Nov 2015 01:55

Olarom at an!
Shi adate kotep luubid...

Mirdala Darasuum
Verd

Unread post by Mirdala Darasuum » 18 Dec 2015 18:31

Hi vode!
I'm a new user and I absolutely love mandalorians :D
I've come to this site on and off again for the past few months and I though it was about time I created an account.
I absolutely love learning different languages. Currently I only understand English and I recide in highschool, so I take spanish. I also am learning Swedish at home since it is my parents native language.....
Yeah.... I am going to attempt to learn 3 languages at the same time xD
Anyway, I look forward to improving my mando'a, with the help of this site!

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 18 Dec 2015 23:46

You're certainly in the right place, vod!

Ver'Kad Darsyc
Verd

Unread post by Ver'Kad Darsyc » 28 Dec 2015 08:43

Oya!
I'm Josh. Very much looking forward to learning Mando'a with you all and adhering to the Resol'nare :)

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 29 Dec 2015 00:25

Glad to have you, vod.

An'u Biss
Verd

Unread post by An'u Biss » 04 Jan 2016 23:03

Hello all :)

Coming here to check out learning a bit of Mando'a as I work on my Mandalorian Armor over at mandalorianmercs.com

I've dedicated a heck of a lot of free time to learning other conlangs before (primarily Na'vi, the language in Avatar) and Mando'a looks to be just as interesting with the added bonus of a lot more backstory and culture to the language!

Glad to be a part of the community though a bit saddened to see that most of the threads are highly inactive. Are there still many people that frequent this site?

-A'nu Biss

Mirdala Darasuum
Verd

Unread post by Mirdala Darasuum » 04 Jan 2016 23:22

Welcome A'nu Biss. I've seen a lot of activity from a couple of the vets, but yeah. This is a fairly small site and overall few posts are updated. I think the dictionary is what gets the most attention. But I am fairly new to this site and don't post at all, so yeah. Welcome! And happy learning!

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 05 Jan 2016 00:12

Olarom!

Your perception is accurate; many of the formerly-active members have had life happen and are unable to focus very much on the community side of this site, and as for myself, I have been inattentive due to my massive list of side-projects (and a little overwhelmed at being responsible for a community).

The translator is the main reason the site exists; it recently reached a peak of 668 visits in one day on 30 December 2015 and until the new movie came out it used to hover around 400-450 visits per day. As for the forum, it started as a small group of a few enthusiasts on one of the free forum-hosting sites, and I offered to provide web hosting for them because I am excited about conlangs and especially about Mando'a and thought it would be great to have both the translator and the forum together in one place. Somehow I ended up being the administrator and here we are.

Thanks to several very devoted (previously quite active) members we now have a unique method of telling time, several hundred more words added to the dictionary (I have yet to add them to the translator though -- see above note about list of side projects), poetry, music, art, and some partially-translated literary works. We also have an IRC channel and used to have weekly Mando'a-only chat nights.

All I can say is stick around or check in whenever you feel like it; we're bound to go through an active phase again. If you have interesting ideas for discussion threads or translation questions, go ahead and post them in the requisite forums, and I guarantee you'll get some responses, even if it takes a few days. :)

And do feel free to show off your beskar'gam if you want; not all of us have or make armour but so far I've seen a very supportive community.
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

An'u Biss
Verd

Unread post by An'u Biss » 05 Jan 2016 16:39

Good deal :)

Yeah I'll be studying, quietly most likely, but I might jump into the IRC chat from time to time. It's been a while since I flexed the conlang muscles so it feels good to warm them up again ;)

I've added my buy'ce shot as my avatar - once the full armor build is completed I'll post it for you guys as well then!

EDIT: (Forgive me if this should be somewhere else in the forum) Also please correct me on my sig if you see any glaring grammatical errors there... the transliteration would be--
Verd meg tra'cya sol'yc venoyacyi tra'cyar tug'yc

Vlet Hansen
Verd

Unread post by Vlet Hansen » 05 Jan 2016 22:00

I still pop on as often as I can. Feel free to shoot me a message on skype, it's where I'm most active...

Tal’jair Rusk
Verd

Unread post by Tal’jair Rusk » 09 Jan 2016 13:44

About "previously very active", is that a stone into my garden? Sorry, vode, life is busy. In regard to mando'a, right now im working hard on translating everything i have into russian (getting no help there). Once im done with that, ill come back with new works and additions. So dont let this place die, id be sad to find a tombstone on the main board :)
Tal'jair Rusk
Te tuur tal jai o'r dha ca...

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 09 Jan 2016 21:17

No stones in gardens, just nostalgia for times past. I used to be one of those active members as well, and there was Vlet, Cuyan, Raeth, several others whose names escape me at the moment, and we cannot forget the original founder of the board, MsLanna. :)

Don't worry about this place dying; LFL seems to be content to let us exist, and I'll keep this site up for as long as I am able (it's hardly worth mentioning the expense to keep the server up).

dsparkeyjr
Verd

Unread post by dsparkeyjr » 15 Jan 2016 03:49

Su'cuy Vode!

I'm Dsparkeyjr I am looking forward to learn Mando'a although having a hard time looking for a place to actually orally speak the language which will make learning the syntax for me easier I'm hoping to find that here.

An'u Biss
Verd

Unread post by An'u Biss » 15 Jan 2016 16:49

dsparkeyjr wrote:Su'cuy Vode!

I'm Dsparkeyjr I am looking forward to learn Mando'a although having a hard time looking for a place to actually orally speak the language which will make learning the syntax for me easier I'm hoping to find that here.
Good to see new faces (of which I am one as well!)

Not so sure about oral speaking opportunities, but I would certainly love that also. Perhaps we can come up with something together?

Until then, you can check out http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=mandoa.org for the Mando'a IRC chat. It's fairly inactive at the moment, but I hang out in there most of the time. If no one answers you there just leave the tab open for a while, I'll see it eventually x)

-A'nu Biss

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 15 Jan 2016 18:52

Olarom, Dsparkeyjr! Glad to meet you.

Regarding speaking opportunities, none have been arranged yet, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. Part of the problem is our geographic diaspora -- I'm pretty sure most of us have not met in real life, and on the infrequent occasion that we were all online at the same time, we had about 6 people in the IRC room (which was a fun time). We used to have a weekly meeting on IRC to practise together; perhaps that can start again if we can get enough interested vode together at once. It might be possible to work out a TinyChat, Skype, or Hangouts meeting, which would enable voice (and, coincidentally, video since that is their main function) communication, but would also be a little bit more complicated to set up than IRC. If you have any ideas, I would love to hear about them in the Real-World forum which exists specifically for arranging such meetings and study groups and other events outside of the forum. :)

Koja Kar Akaan'uliik
Verd

Unread post by Koja Kar Akaan'uliik » 29 Jan 2016 10:54

Jate tuur evaar vode. Ni Koja Kar. Ni olaror bah hibirar, ba'jurir, bal yam'gala.

Tempest
Verd

Unread post by Tempest » 30 Jan 2016 17:49

I'm aweful at introductions. As for my name, I could use some advice for creating an aliit (Atin Vencu, maybe) as I only have an aruetyc name at the moment. I should point out that I have a limited vocabulary, but I've been learning the (Mando'ade'la?) way for several years now. K'oya'cyi.

An'u Biss
Verd

Unread post by An'u Biss » 04 Feb 2016 17:05

Olarom, vode!

Please avail yourselves of the various resources posted in the most popular topics and join in on the discussion! It's great to see ivar'la adate joining the clan! ;)
Spoiler: show
evaar'la adate - I've changed the Romanized form of these words to match the new Romanization that is currently being developed here: Regarding the Transliteration of Mando'a...
Feel free to add your input to the discussion, and sorry in advance for any unlearning/relearning that may end up required as a result of this!

Goat
Verd

Unread post by Goat » 07 Feb 2016 07:10

Su'cuy! I'm Goat.

An'u Biss
Verd

Unread post by An'u Biss » 08 Feb 2016 18:53

Goat, eh? Interesting! Olarom!