Forum Reorganization

Read here first for rules, and keep an eye out for announcements.
Adi'karta
Admin

Forum Reorganization

Unread post by Adi'karta » 11 Jan 2014 18:51

Some forum topics have ended up becoming crossed with others, and as a result I find it difficult to remember where the particular thread I'm looking for has gone.

As a result, I'm doing a little bit of reorganization/tidying. No threads will be deleted. No posts will be deleted. Some off-topic posts might maybe be spun off into their own threads.

With the increased frequency of discussion on extensions to the core grammar, I have decided to give such discussions their own forum within the main category. I hope these discussions will continue -- however such threads must remain in the designated forum to clearly distinguish them from discussion regarding canonical Mando'a. This is as much for clarity and practicality as it is to help safeguard our ability to continue hosting the translator. I enjoy taking part in these discussions, and I encourage them to continue, but I want to keep them separate -- a unique dialect, if you will.

So...some things will be moving around, and it may get a little confusing for a brief time, but in the end I think it will be beneficial to have increased organization.

If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to either PM me or open up a thread in the Feature Request forum.

Ori'vore!

--Adi'karta
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

Raeth
Verd

Re: Forum Reorganization

Unread post by Raeth » 12 Jan 2014 03:53

If the Canon Mando'a forum is simply "Canon Mando'a", can the Non-Canon Mando'a forum be called "Non-Canon Mando'a"?

In a way, I worry that "Fan'on" might have a diminuitive connotation. But, I could be wrong. That said, Canon - Non-Canon makes for a pleasingly balanced duality.

Thanks for considering.
Part father, part artist, part perpetual student, part gamer, part Japan-o-phile, part contrarian, part instigator, part anthropologist, part blacksmith, part costumer, part food lover, part writer, part adventurer, part eccentric...
AN MANDO'AD!

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 12 Jan 2014 04:22

Done.

I remember "Fando'a" coming up at some point, but I don't remember who suggested it...maybe I'm just crazy. :P

Sorry to diminish your work; that was not my intent.
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

Raeth
Verd

Unread post by Raeth » 12 Jan 2014 05:56

Adi'karta wrote:Done.

I remember "Fando'a" coming up at some point, but I don't remember who suggested it...maybe I'm just crazy. :P

Sorry to diminish your work; that was not my intent.
No worries. I'm just one of those hot-under-the-collar Mando'ad. I like to 'brawl' it out with my fellow Mando'ade one moment, then eat nerf steak and drink with them the next. Sorry for getting bent out of shape.

Thank you for the change, and thanks for the work you're doing on the forums. It's good stuff, costs and doesn't pay, and is probably too often thankless.

Ori'vore, ner vod. Vode an darasuum.
Part father, part artist, part perpetual student, part gamer, part Japan-o-phile, part contrarian, part instigator, part anthropologist, part blacksmith, part costumer, part food lover, part writer, part adventurer, part eccentric...
AN MANDO'AD!