Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourself)

Introduce Yourself. If you are new, you must post in here before posting anywhere else.
Adi'karta
Admin

Re: Welcome to Learn Mando'a! (Post Here to Introduce Yourse

Unread post by Adi'karta » 06 Apr 2015 05:54

Olarom, vod.

The primary purpose of this website -- the translator and the forum -- is to provide a place where all interested parties can learn Mando'a and support the growth and survival of the language. Everyone who has an interest is welcome here. Discussions of culture have a new home here: in the newly-minted Mandalorian Culture subforum. Many of us are simple scholars and language enthusiasts, but I'm sure more than a few of us consider ourselves Mando'ade and strive to follow the Resol'nare. There are several aliit on Facebook and around the internet who devote more of their time specifically to the study of combat, society, survivalism, and adopting the culture, and I encourage you to go find them and share your enthusiasm with them as well as with us (I apologise for not actively keeping track of their locations, but I know they exist). I cannot speak to your claim of the title Mand'alor, for this is not the place to question such claims -- my main purpose with this website is to provide enough impetus and support to help Mando'a survive the passage of time.

Regarding your inquiry into transcribing everything on your computer and phone into the official Lucasfilm Mandalorian script, you can download the font file from ErikStormtrooper's page and can probably configure your computer to render it system-wide (the words will not be in Mando'a, however -- that is a task for the far future). Your phone might provide a bigger challenge depending on your platform. Feel free to drop me a private message and I can provide further guidance if you need it.

I'm glad you found your way here. We all look forward to helping you learn and learning from you (learning is never one-way).
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

Javis Caalgen
Verd

Unread post by Javis Caalgen » 21 Apr 2015 07:01

Su'cuy vode!

Ner gai Javis Caalgen. Ner vercopaanir hibirar Mando'a ti an be gar.

I've been interested in Mando culture for some time and look forward to learning more with all of you.

Ret'!

SighingWinter
Verd

Unread post by SighingWinter » 29 Apr 2015 20:21

Su'cuy vode an!

I'm SighingWinter. I found this page after hours of movie marathoning and researching for my writings!
I look forward to learning the language and in advance- thanks for the help!

-SW

CCC-P
Verd

Unread post by CCC-P » 18 May 2015 02:00

Howdy, howdy. A coworker of mine showed me the site, and seeing as I'm terribly (TERRIBLY) out-of-the-loop when it comes to all things SW, this should be a good place to refill my tank. Hope to learn a lot here! Glad to be on board!

copadkor
Verd

Unread post by copadkor » 18 May 2015 05:10

Hey everyone I am Copad'kor and I am a member of the Mandolarian Mercs costume club and I am still learning Mando'a and I do live the Mandolarian way but I can't wait to meet others.

Adi'karta
Admin

Unread post by Adi'karta » 20 May 2015 18:43

Olarom, vode!

N'eparavu takisit; I've been absent a lot recently and failed to welcome each of you individually. We're glad to have you aboard and hope you find our community supportive and resources useful.

Happy learning!
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.

Tal’jair Rusk
Verd

Unread post by Tal’jair Rusk » 21 May 2015 16:30

Naasad du'slan takisit, ner vod. Gar ven'hetti o'r haran par ibic.
(Bic nuhin, nu'takisit :))
Tal'jair Rusk
Te tuur tal jai o'r dha ca...

KalStorm
Verd

Unread post by KalStorm » 10 Jun 2015 11:29

Hello! Or Su'cuy?

I'm KalStorm. I've known about Mando'a for a couple years now, but I never really pursued it any further than a "That's so cool!" However, I would like to learn what little bit I can. The Mandalorians have always been my favorite group from the Star Wars Universe, and so I decided to take another stab at this Mando'a. :D
Thank you all, and I'm glad to be a part of this site! :)

KS

nikolojedison
Verd

Unread post by nikolojedison » 22 Jul 2015 01:35

Su'cuy gar, jatne vode!

I had previously lurked around on both the forum and translator, but now I've decided to become a little more serious about learning Mando'a & how it works. It's quite an intriguing language - especially for myself, as a fan of Star Wars - and I'm quite excited to learn more both from and alongside you all.

K'oyacyi!

Insurik_Damask
Verd

Unread post by Insurik_Damask » 29 Jul 2015 20:58

Su'cuy!

My name is Insurik Damask. I love the Mando lifestyle and history and look foreward to being a proactive member on this site as well as learning the language and getting to know my fellow brother and sister in arms.

Hunt3hr
Verd

Unread post by Hunt3hr » 31 Jul 2015 05:39

Su cuy'gar Mando'ade,

I am Hunt3hr, a fellow Mando'ad, and I wish to learn the language of our people, more accurately.
It is a requirement of the Resol'nare to know and speak Mando'a for one, and two, I think it is very interesting.

Thanks for having me on the site.

Par kote a'Manda'yaim,

Hunt3hr

ARC-5555
Verd

Unread post by ARC-5555 » 24 Aug 2015 03:57

Hi.
I've recently joined Mando'a.Org. I've been wanting to learn Mando'a for some time now and when I found this site it was like heaven on earth.
Unfortunately I only know a couple of phrases and some swear words.
My favorite and official phrase is "Aliit ori'shya tal'din- Family is more than blood.
I hope I can get to know all of you better.
K'oyacyi!

Tal’jair Rusk
Verd

Unread post by Tal’jair Rusk » 24 Aug 2015 11:41

Olarom, vod! Mhi vercopaani gar mar'eyi ibic gayi'karyai pirimmuy.
Tal'jair Rusk

Dorn
Verd

Unread post by Dorn » 27 Aug 2015 08:16

Su cuy vode an!

Ni gai Dorn.

Hi guys! First of all, I want to warn you about my English. I'm Swiss and english is not my mother tongue, so I'll maybe make mistakes. So, do not hesitate to correct me, it will improve my skills.

I do not know many mando'a words for now, and I'm actually trying to speak it. I've understood basic grammar, but still trying to undesrstand how to make bit more complex phrases. As I'm trying to speak it, I'll try to do a "basic conversation tutorial" when I'll have gather enough skills. (I actually haven't found how to say "How are you"...)

I'm glad to be here.

Tal’jair Rusk
Verd

Unread post by Tal’jair Rusk » 27 Aug 2015 14:11

Olarom, vod. Me'vaar ti gar?
(Welcome, brother. How are you?)

As for English, im not native to it either, never stopped me from learning mando'a. If need any help feel free to ask.

Mhi ratiin briikase gaa'taylir!
(We're always happy to help!)
Tal'jair Rusk

Peregrinus
Verd

Unread post by Peregrinus » 31 Aug 2015 21:59

So I finally made it over here from the Mercs. I'm looking forward to being a linguistic dork with y'all. If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go post a long-ish post over in the non-canon section to hopefully start things off interesting. :)

--Jonah

Raven
Verd

Unread post by Raven » 23 Sep 2015 06:13

Jate maan urcar. (I hope that's correct)

My name is Raven, just started learning so if I'm terribly wrong about anything, I apologize. Glad to have a place to learn and fellow Mando'ade to learn alongside.

Gar k'cuy jahaala!

Tyr Syphex
Verd

Unread post by Tyr Syphex » 06 Oct 2015 04:59

Su'coy, I'm Tyr Syphex and I'm looking forward to learning the language of one of the most interesting factions in the history of sci-fi. I found this forum quite by accident the other day and wanted to join up. I hope this will be a rewarding experience and look forward to it.

WerewolfCarrie
Verd

Unread post by WerewolfCarrie » 06 Nov 2015 11:13

Hey everybody!

I'm from Russia and I have been introduced to the SW very recently. Although I like the franchise, my interest was catched by the Mando'a, maybe mainly because I'm a linguist and a translator (and I like Mandalorians he-he). So... here I am. I have a few questions as a novice, so would be grateful if someone could answer them for me. For example, I would like to know if there are textbooks and lessons for people who want to learn the language from scrap (like myself). If there is, it would be a great help.

Sincerely yours,
Werewolf Carrie

Kad'lajor
Verd

Unread post by Kad'lajor » 16 Nov 2015 19:42

Su'cuy val,

ni Kadja'lor bal ratiin haat. Ge'ratiin. Jii nuhur joorhaa'ir ni.

Re'turcye mhi!