Administrative Email Fix In-Progress

Read here first for rules, and keep an eye out for announcements.
Adi'karta
Admin

Administrative Email Fix In-Progress

Unread post by Adi'karta » 01 Feb 2011 16:07

The issue we had earlier with members not receiving their activation emails is on its way to resolution. My webhost blocks the necessary ports to connect to the SMTP email server I wish to use to send out forum notification emails, and cannot undo the blocking (for "security" reasons) unless I purchase a dedicated IP. A dedicated IP costs me $2.50 a month, which is fairly reasonable considering the amount of strain it costs them to maintain that connection, so I bought in.

So. What this means is that future forum emails will come from "mail" and "admin" (at) mandoa.org.

It also means that over the next 6 to 24 hours, users may experience issues connecting to and using the website. Don't let that stop you from trying, though. No harm can come to the forums from anyone trying to use the translator or forum; it just might "unexpectedly" stop working for a few minutes to a few hours at random.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post them, PM me, or email me at admin (at) mandoa.org.

Thank you.

-Admin
Mandoa.Org - Bringing together the Mando'a Community.